Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
ajwdct's profile

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 10:32 PM

UverseTV STB update without notice & drastic changes to On Screen TV Guide!

During last night's (10:25pm Pacific time Oct 19th) set top box (STB) firmware update, the Channel Short Cuts function for the on screen tv guide was eliminated.  That means you can NO LONGER view tv channels by category to see what's on at any given time, e.g. SPORTS, NEWS, VARIETY, MOVIES, LOCAL, GOVT, etc

There were many ON SCREEN GUIDE CHANGES for which Uverse TV customers didn't receive any notification of + TV service was interrupted for 5 to 7 minutes during tv prime time watching.  Yet customers receive plenty of promotional Uverse emails, but no notification of a very serious change to the STB functionality?

Also, my Favorite channels were deleted & I had to manually restore them.

This comes <2 weeks after a Uverse Residential GW firmware update deleted the 2 WiFi networks I had configured.  A tech had to be dispatched to recreate them as no one at the 800 # or any tech managers were aware of the bug in the Res GW update that deleted configured WiFi channels and reset the WiFi AP/Router in the GW to the single default WiFi network & password.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I just found through another forum, I was missing it also. Go to guide. While in guide, press enter at the bottom right of your remote. A menu comes up on the right side with channel shortcuts. Press that, and then press hd or sd channels and it will finally give you the breakdown. What a mess!! So much more complicated than it was!!!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Mel1378 - Thanks for letting us know. Who woulda thunk it. Must be the original CC developers revenge for CC & Favortites finally made one click.

Ah, Favorites - You can avoid the new mess if you create your own Favorites guide & access via the A button. Or, hide unwanted chans & access via the GUIDE button.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

So instead of a logical, user-friendly way to get to just movies, it now takes hitting 5 different buttons to get to the same list? Someone was PAID to come up with this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Ah I don't have an Enter button on my remote!? Can anyone help?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Should have said we have a S30-S1B model of remote

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I have got it - on my remote it is the CC button! Thank you so much @Mel1378 What a total joke - why did they have to make it so difficult! Don't think we will be staying with AT&T for much longer! It's like going back in time! Thanks for all your help guys

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@rrwelsh79 - The ENTER button is the same on all the remotes - it is to the right of the Zero.

In the beginning, it was a ZOOM button. When the menu it generated became overloaded it became ENTER/ZOOM.

As a band aid for CC It was added to that menu & the top of the button was labeled CC beginning wiith the S-20.

I see it says ENTER underneth it, just above the C button, which is currenetly programmed to toggle CC.

The IR code transmitted by the buttons cannot be changed - only how the STB responds. If the button is on the remote it works the same as all other u-verse remotes.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I have found it aviewer - it is the CC button on my remote it doesn't say Enter anywhere hence the confusion. What a carry on - it now takes 6 clicks to get to your channel you want to view! Crazy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

My update took place this week while I was traveling, and I'm missing the Live TV and Channel Shortcut options.  I spent an hour on the phone with Tech Support, and we got disconnected.  Sooo frustrated...  Please help!

Thanks!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.