Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
LAGreene's profile

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009 4:06 PM

MLB Extra Innings - How about it?

It is ridiculous that it isn't offered.  It's by subscription so you'd think there wouldn't be a problem.

Any word on whether or not U-Verse will offer it anytime soon?

Thanks.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

15 years ago

I want to provide some more insight into the availability of MLB Extra Innings and the MLB Network.  When MLB created the MLB Network, MLB decided that only cable systems who carry the MLB Network would be allowed to also offer the MLB Extra Innings package.  You can read the controversy on this issue on Wikipedia at the following length:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_Extra_Innings

Since AT&T U-verse does not carry the MLB Network, it is not allowed to offer MLB Extra Innings.

Message Edited by texasguy37 on 06-08-2009 03:43 PM

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

15 years ago

Thank you texasguy37.  Here's hoping Houston gets MLB network next year...........

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

15 years ago

I'm not a huge MLB fan but I wouldn't mind the channel. I would bet I would watch it a little. I would never watch enough baseball to do the web or tv package.

Quistopher

Scholar

• 

229 Messages

15 years ago

I'd take the MLB Network any day over the MLB Extra Innings package. MLB Network offers comprehensive coverage of all the games and has instant highlights and live game look-ins.....really hope U-Verse adds it to their sports package in the near future.

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

15 years ago

@DAMOSPORT wrote:

I'd take the MLB Network any day over the MLB Extra Innings package. MLB Network offers comprehensive coverage of all the games and has instant highlights and live game look-ins.....really hope U-Verse adds it to their sports package in the near future.

Count me on this as well.  From other posters though, it seems like it's a package deal from MLB, for U-Verse to get the rights to the MLB Network channel, they will have to offer the Xtra-Innings Package to it's customers.  I wonder if NBA is doing the same thing, since the NBA TV channel, is not on U-Verse yet, but neither is the their League Pass package?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.