For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Been posted many times in the forum. Have you attempted to search for any results? 

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/att-tv-now-directv-now-are-still-blacking-out-many-local-cbs-stations/

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

Your NBC is the one that removed their feed and only they can return it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I have searched for information on this issue. 

And, if I go to tvpromise.com as instructed on Directv Now and I enter in my zipcode and select Directv Now as my provider, it reports "Currently there are no channel disputes affecting your area."

So, are there still "channel disputes" affecting WOIO in Cleveland?  Or, is there some other issue with my Directv Now service?

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Did you read the article that I provided above? It explains, as has been published in several posts, what is taken place now (All though a settlement has been resolved with CBS they now need to get the local to sign off also):

Now AT&T has started to warn some subscribers that as part of this new deal with CBS AT&T must strike a deal with each CBS station’s owners before it can be added back to DIRECTV NOW and AT&T TV NOW. In the past, CBS negotiated on behalf of all the local CBS stations. (That is why all CBS locals went dark when CBS’s contract with AT&T ended.) Now it seems that CBS’s new contract no longer includes rights for independently owned and operated CBS affiliate.

AT&T’s new deal with saw CBS owned locals, CBS Sports Network, and the Smithsonian Channel all return to AT&T owned streaming service soon. Sadly one thing left out was the fact that some independently owned CBS stations still have to strike a new contract with AT&T."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Im

trying to watch TV38 now the CBS issues been resolved, and cbs is working but not TV38? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

regarding being penalized. If I were a new customer I would get such a better deal on my monthly rate and internet package. I have been with them over 20 years when we had to buy our own equipment. I have called numerous times to see if I could get some kind of offer and they keep saying there is nothing that can be done. I don't believe that for a minute. Why can't they at least acknowledge a long time customer. I even had my son get directv and never got the credit for referring him. It's not just about channel 2 and I don't feel that at 66 yrs old I should have to go buy an antenna to watch a free program. Why don't they take a different one instead of a local one.

[Third party link removed per Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I understand what was stated in the CordCutter article, but that does not explain why AT&T itself states that  "Currently there are no channel disputes affecting your area".   If there are "channel disputes", why doesn't AT&T say so on the tvpromise.com web page which they run?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I see that the Direct TV Now/ATT Now dispute with CBS has been resolved, but I’m still not able to see CBS programming in the local market. With NFL and College Football seasons coming soon, I need this resolved quickly, or we’ll need to take our service elsewhere. 

Please advise. 

Keith

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Details of what is happening is explained here

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

Details of what is taking place now is explained here Many posts have already discussed the issue if you would just search for information.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.