Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit uverse.com for all your U-Verse TV support needs.
Hendersonville4's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 5th, 2019 4:33 AM

Closed

Loss of channels

AT&T has failed to properly prepare for the  anticipated end of contract negotiation with Nexstar - resulting in the loss of ABC station, a MAJOR network. This continues to happen, as in the past, when other channels were removed from the lineup - as your customers continue to pay increased costs in service. We set up another TV(purchased an antennae) that would give us this basic channel for the interim - assuming we will get the channel back at some time in the future!  I think it's time to contact other providers who can provide continuing service that we PAY for and don't get with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

You can Google the station or go to the station website and look. Usually at the bottom of the page etc.

ACE - Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

5 years ago

About Us. CBS46 (WGCL/WPCH) is the CBS affiliate located in Atlanta and serving the Metro Atlanta area.CBS46 is owned by Meredith Corporation.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Will my local Fox stations be back on the air by next Saturday. August 17, 2019. Missing my games is unacceptable. Are we entitled to a refund.

Mpchiefs32

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Will my local Fox stations be back on the air by next Saturday. August 17, 2019. Missing my games is unacceptable. Are we entitled to a refund.

Mpchiefs32

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Are they going to get thos issue with fox straightened out soon?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.2K Messages

5 years ago

No one knows when Fox will return the feed.

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Mpchiefs32 wrote:

Mpchiefs32

Nobody knows when NexStar will allow DirecTV to provide their stations again.

Call DirecTV to ask about an account credit .... 1 800 531 5000

And ask them about getting the free Local Channel Connector so that you can receive those channels using an off-air antenna. 

ACE - Sage

• 

53.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Boudrey wrote:

Why???? Right before football??? Do what it takes to get the job done! I am with you one yr. I will have to switch to something else.  The ONLY reason I came was for your sports coverage and now FOX and NBC?? AT&T Direct TV  has plenty of money to take care of their customers!!! I want a refund 

Of course. NexStar purposely picked this time before NFL season to withhold their stations from DirecTV, demanding more $$$. 

AT&T's "plenty of money" comes from our subscription fees. I'm glad that they're playing hardball with increasingly greedy station owners. 

Call DirecTV to ask for an account credit .... 1 800 531 5000.  And also ask for their Local Channel Connector kit so you get those stations with an off-air antenna for FREE. 

ACE - Expert

• 

32.5K Messages

5 years ago

@jesse08 

DirecTV is forbidden by Federal regulations from providing you a different local channel. They are only allowed to provide you the locals in your Designated Market Area (DMA), and only with the channel's permission. The locals would lose a lot of power without this regulation.

Unless DirecTV has restarted the referral program, then there is no credit as it ended years ago.

"As of December 15, 2016, the Refer-a-Friend program has ended. If you referred a friend before December 15, 2016, or were referred yourself, you will continue to receive your bill credits."

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Are we going to get a discount on lossing are channel just keep getting higher bills 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.