Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
AustinTX#1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, August 9th, 2011 10:50 PM

Longhorn Network - Just say 'No'

I greatly appreciate the value provided by AT&T in bundling tv/wireless/internet services.  Similarly, the bundling of channels allows customers to access a variety of programming at substantial savings.

However, occasionally, programming comes along that is so expensive and directed at such a narrow, niche market that it deserves to be left off of the programming options or ordered solely as an 'a la carte' option.  If the reports about the price tag  to cable providers  to offer the 'longhorn network' (by ESPN) are accurate, the only way it could be added to current bundled programming packages is at substantial cost to MANY people who have no interest in the programming. 

Please AT&T, keep prices low, by either not offering or charging ONLY those who desire this programming option.

Thanks!

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Umm, okay...then count me in as opposed to the Longhorn Network!  Smiley Very Happy

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

LOL.  Take a number and go stand in line.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

I'm in TX and from TX, can't I push to the front of the line? Smiley Very Happy

Wow, you were right about taking sports seriously, or something...

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Sports fans are passionate about their convictions.  This is serious stuff.  It is not a game!

Up until now, you probably thought sports was for entertainment and relaxation. 🙂

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy  No, when I see grown men stripped down, bodies painted in team colors, I know something is up.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

13 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Scholar

• 

254 Messages

13 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:

HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH BABY!!! Smiley Very Happy

DPR

BOOMER SOONER!

The only time I would watch the LHN is if they were playing OU in a sport that doesn't typically get televised such as baseball, volleyball or soccer.  Too bad it would have at UT slant in the broadcasting. Smiley Very Happy

I'm not opposed to the LHN coming to UVerse since it will be one more channel they carry and for those that don't want to watch it,  don't tune to it. I'm sure there are enough UT fans that will be more than happy. 

If OU gets their own network I'll be the first to sign up.Smiley Wink

The OU network..........HUMMMMM. I have a few questions, but one would be, can they provide sub titles??? LOL!! Smiley Very Happy

Honestly, I've never seen such a crazy response to one channel!!! You would think it's a HALLMARK thread!!! Hahahaha

DPR

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@texasguy37 wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:
If OU gets their own network I'll be the first to sign up. Smiley Wink

If that happens, prepare yourself for the same backlash that you see here in this thread.

I know.  Just as it is with the LHN, it's not for everyone.  I may have said no to the LHN because I'm a SOONER fan, I hope they do carry it on UV.  If BYU network comes to UV I'll be happy.  Shoot I'll be happy if they start carrying more sports channels.  More exposure for smaller sports is never a bad thing.  Besides I'll probably get a chance to see OU on the LHN in other sports.  With the Pac-12 network, I'll probably get a chance to see the OU Womens gymnastics team compete. 

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

13 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

DPR

BOOMER SOONER!

The only time I would watch the LHN is if they were playing OU in a sport that doesn't typically get televised such as baseball, volleyball or soccer.  Too bad it would have at UT slant in the broadcasting. Smiley Very Happy

I'm not opposed to the LHN coming to UVerse since it will be one more channel they carry and for those that don't want to watch it,  don't tune to it. I'm sure there are enough UT fans that will be more than happy. 

The OU network..........HUMMMMM. I have a few questions, but one would be, can they provide sub titles??? LOL!! Smiley Very Happy

Honestly, I've never seen such a crazy response to one channel!!! You would think it's a HALLMARK thread!!! Hahahaha

DPR

LOL@DPR,  looks like they are going to have to have the LHN filmed from inside the local jails.  I see the players are back to the antics again and getting arrested

Scholar

• 

254 Messages

13 years ago

@oufanindallas wrote:

@oufanindallas wrote:

DPR

BOOMER SOONER!

DPR

LOL@DPR,  looks like they are going to have to have the LHN filmed from inside the local jails.  I see the players are back to the antics again and getting arrested

Gheese!!! I don't know if it's a sign of today's athletes, and thier ability to think they are above the law, or of today's youth in general and the disrespect they all seen to have for the law. It extends into professional sports as well. IMHO

DPR

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.