For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jeanmr26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 24th, 2014 12:51 PM

An emergency notification with no emergency?

I'm getting a message that says the President has requested that we watch our local station.  It's force tuned to NBC and we can't change it.  I don't see any emergencies, just the Today show.  How do I shut this off?  thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Mine is back on in Atlanta.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thank you, AT&T.  Just a thought... it might be a good idea to post a notice on your site saying there was no emergency, that you were working on it... if this type of thing happens again.

Again, just a thought... ditto on a message on your trouble line... it might have saved your trouble line some grief... obviously if half the country was calling about this outage, someone with a real problem couldn't get through.

Thank you, again... the emergency alert system is a valuable tool. and this test proved the number of people who listen to it. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

mawtvnet -- it appears that your message was edited by 'Taylarie' so I'm not sure of what else you might have said.

I have several screenshots that I took and posted on Twitter this morning when I was trying to find out what the emergency was. I run a nonprofit organization and everything was on hold while trying to sort out the problem.

I've filed a complaint with the FCC to make sure that they are aware of this problem and would suggest that anybody else who has concerns about AT&T's ability to handle a real emergency do the same.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

I would appreciate it if you would reverse the firmware change you made on my box so I can go back to the previous version of the firmware that did NOT have this problem and also had a bigger picture. I don’t appreciate that you are now sending an HD picture all the time but have reduced the size of the picture displayed in the tv if we haven’t paid the HD price.  

Send me the full size standard resolution picture that the previous version of the firmware was providing.  I demand it.  You should not TAKE away features of existing customers.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I have a model# ISB7500 Settop unit, main DVR unit. Do a complete reset by holding down the "Power" switch for 10 seconds. Let it completely reset. This worked for me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What an arrogant response.  Yes, we have nothing better to do than to complain about cable service, while you have nothing better to do than to complain about people complaining about cable service.

First world problem?  OK, I'll gladly take it.  If you would rather live where you have more important concerns, such as getting clean water or being jailed for expressing an opinion, by all means, move.  The luxuries we have in this country are not accidental.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

"...it only took about two seconds to figure out that this wasn't the case today. Flip on TV, goes to Today Show, nothing happening, must be a glitch, oh well, move on."

It took me longer than two seconds to figure out if it was - or wasn't - an emergency. It was just last night that NYC confirmed its first Ebola case + two days ago we had the shootings in Ottawa + yet another loony tried to get into the White House = many problems which could be potential emergencies.

The bigger issue for me is AT&T's lack of response / lack of awareness of this problem. If this had been an emergency I have very little faith that AT&T would have handled it properly. Worse yet, this does not seem to be a very big deal to them.

Their seeming nonchalance is symptomatic of their attitude in general; in situations involving the EAS this disregard is troubling.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I could go on a rant about now, but remember that we are less than two weeks from the election and the FCC quietly instituted this control over our cable.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

teclaw - I was concerned at first when I saw my post had been edited, but the sentence removal made sense and didn't change the meaning or intent. I had mistakenly believed that your post had been removed, when in fact it had just been moved out of an old thread and into this one.

Sorry for any confusion.

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

10 years ago

Yep, another accident from this administration.  I think thats number 1,000,315

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.