For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jeanmr26's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 24th, 2014 12:51 PM

An emergency notification with no emergency?

I'm getting a message that says the President has requested that we watch our local station.  It's force tuned to NBC and we can't change it.  I don't see any emergencies, just the Today show.  How do I shut this off?  thanks.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Just to help spread the knowledge, this is happening in northwest Arkansas, too.  My wife contacted me here at work to tell me what's happening.  Seriously considering canceling uverse TV if we still can. We just recently added it to our uverse internet.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Whew!

Looks like the problem is fixed in my area of middle Tennessee.  \o/

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

This is what we call a "1st World Country" problem. Which is to say, a very minor inconvenience at worst, compared to what other people are having to deal with in this world. Heaven forbid we go without television for a couple hours. I assure you President Obama didn't decide this morning to tick off a bunch of ATT customers and send a false alarm signal to our receivers. The EAS system itself is a fantastic idea. I personally want to know that if I'm mindlessly watching Tennis Channel one day, it'll be interrupted in the event of an actual emergency. It only took about two seconds to figure out that this wasn't the case today. Flip on TV, goes to Today Show, nothing happening, must be a glitch, oh well, move on. 

I'm frustrated too, but all in all it's totally ok right now. Other things also exist besides this situation, there's a world outside of the TV. I'm going to enjoy it for a while. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It looks like it is fixed in GA. I can't believe the stupidity of some people wanting to blame in on the President! Grow up and be informed! This is not a political thing!

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

Uverse back to normal but no sound going to try a reboot

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

We apologize for all the inconveniences this has caused. We are aware of the situation and working towards getting this issue resolved.

-David T

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

i just saw a emergency notification test on my tv and the setop boxes were forced tuned to a channel and they were locked to that channel i saw a red banner on screen saying: this is a emergency alert notification your tv is forced tuned to this channel that appears to be new this month 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

There's only one resollution.  Have the programmers fix whatever they changed.  You should have the last working version of the software, so put it back in for boxes and the servers.  Then have the group that obviously have no idea what they've done go in and try to better the code before releasing it a second time.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Still not fixed in NWA Arkansas! So strange they don't post an update anywhere. No sense waiting on the phone! Sounds like they don't know what's going on or when it'll be fixed. At least some seem to have resolution!

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

Rebooted and everything is back to normal.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.