For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Rockingkitty's profile

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

Tuesday, June 9th, 2009 6:01 AM

Total home DVR Phase 2

i just got an Update to my boxes and I can erase and schedule recordings to the DVR from my back bedroom Hooray

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

15 years ago

Working in West San Jose, CA around 4:30 pm - was able to delete a recorded show from the bedroom.  Yoo hoo!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

15 years ago

Got it in Milwaukee overnight.

Guru

• 

512 Messages

15 years ago

bigd332 wrote:

Got it in Milwaukee overnight.

No update in Janesville.:smileysad: Green Bay, Appleton ( All of Fox Valley?), Milwaukee Area all seem updated. Have not heard anything from Madison. Janesville is tied in with Madison market. Program guide anyway.

Message Edited by milkman on 07-08-2009 09:26 PM

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

15 years ago

When I got the update last nite it also updated the sound so this morning I had DD5.1 on HDMI.

I guess not everyone gets the update in 2 steps.

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

15 years ago

@rapmac wrote:

I just got the update last night in San Diego,CA. I like the new Guide colors, hate what they did with the info bar.

Why dont they make the channel number (when channel surfing) as large as it is when you hit the number buttons on the remote to

go directly to a channel. 

I just noticed that one good thing they added to the info bar is  they put whats coming up next in the bottom right.

Message Edited by rapmac on 07-08-2009 03:22 PM

That "what's coming up next in the bottom right" has ALWAYS  been on the info bar. The only difference is that it is now italcized.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

15 years ago

I'm in the Union Park area of Orlando. We got the update over night.

Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

15 years ago

@randyr wrote:

When I got the update last nite it also updated the sound so this morning I had DD5.1 on HDMI.

I guess not everyone gets the update in 2 steps.

Everybody gets it in 2 steps because the DD5.1 load comes after all the customer devices are updated for phase 2. In the very large cities the phase 2 update takes several days so people notice the sound problem. In the smaller cities it happens almost at the same time.

Think of it like restarting your computer after you download software. 

It will all be over by tomorrow. Anyone still having problems tomorrow should call support.

Message Edited by Escapee on 07-09-2009 06:34 AM

Scholar

• 

222 Messages

15 years ago

on 7/8 I wrote:

"Got the Phase ll update to all 3 of my boxes yesterday (July 7th) morning in the Atlanta metro area, but w/o the audio *hotfix*. 

24 hrs later (July 8th), one of my 3 boxes had the update, but naturally not the one connected to the home theater receiver!  So, for those of you yet to get the update, the full update may take days, and your boxes won't always be in sync"

Update:  I returned home yesteday after 6PM and both of the boxes that hadn't received the optical audio *hotfix* when I left  for work that morning had been updated.  Interestingly, both of those boxes displayed a screen announcing that the service had been updated that appeared first onscreen after powering up the TV and STB, whereas the box that had received the update first didn't display such an announcement.

Got the optical audio/surround sound designated and it appears to work, passing a 5.1 audio signal to my receiver.  I have yet to listen to a lot of programming to see if the audio skip issue that affected the 5.1 sound is gone - something that affected my particular set up only occasionally before the update, so it may take a while to determine the extent of improvement.

Message Edited by Shyster951 on 07-09-2009 06:32 AM

Master

• 

7.1K Messages

15 years ago

fwiw

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

15 years ago

NW Houston (Tomball) got the Phase 2 Update last night.  I have the picture in Options above.  Is this the Sound Hotfix, or is that another update?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.