Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
DanaJ15's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 24th, 2016 4:38 PM

Closed

Increase monthly charges during a contract

I want to make everyone aware that this company raises your rates with a contract and without notifying you, then wants to charge you a fee to break your contract.  This is not right and my service will be cancelled as soon as my contract is up.

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

8 years ago

@browndk26 wrote:
The thread should be closed because it will never be resolved. Att raises the prices every February and informs us of the increases. Att has that right. The op thinks that is a break in his contract. He stills get his discount for the life of the contract so the contract isn't broken.

And if AT&T made errors and failed to give that notice of increases?

Whether it is resolved or not, it is a valid topic of discussion and there seem to be some issues with the consistency of the company properly informing SOME customers. Errors are made, they happen and should be addressed.

I will say that I am surprised, and disappointed by some here accusing people of

making up the lack of notification of such increases, and even worse the sarcasm, rudeness, and snideness of some here....it's very unbecoming of those that seem to be

working in some limited capacity for AT&T, even as contractors.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

8 years ago

@ham3843 wrote:

@browndk26 wrote:
The thread should be closed because it will never be resolved. Att raises the prices every February and informs us of the increases. Att has that right. The op thinks that is a break in his contract. He stills get his discount for the life of the contract so the contract isn't broken.

And if AT&T made errors and failed to give that notice of increases?

Whether it is resolved or not, it is a valid topic of discussion and there seem to be some issues with the consistency of the company properly informing SOME customers. Errors are made, they happen and should be addressed.

I will say that I am surprised, and disappointed by some here accusing people of

making up the lack of notification of such increases, and even worse the sarcasm, rudeness, and snideness of some here....it's very unbecoming of those that seem to be

working in some limited capacity for AT&T, even as contractors.

Well, you are in the wrong forum to be discussing DSL rate increases.  You're in the U-verse Forums.  If you'd like to move over to the Internet forums...

No one in these forums works for AT&T as a contractor, or otherwise, unless their rank has the word "Employee," "Moderator," or "Administrator."  The ACE rank posters have been awarded that distinction based on their service to the community by helping other AT&T customers.  AT&T employees can and do make mistakes all the time, which keeps us busy.  But the billing system has been around for a while and is well watched; pardon me if I don't accept the word of someone I've never seen before who apparently has an axe to grind.

Former Moderator

• 

7.6K Messages

8 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.