Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
mamabecka's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 5:31 PM

Closed

$200 Rewards Card Redemption EXPIRED?!! HORRIBLE Customer Service!

I had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T today. Let me first say that I am a VERY loyal AT&T customer. I have been an AT&T wireless costumer for about 5 years and I am a U-Verse customer that is about to move her services to a new address. When I first signed up for AT&T Uverse back in February of this year I was told I was going to receive a $200 rebate/rewards card. Which I assumed was just going to be mailed to me. Nothing came. It wasnt until a couple of months ago when I received a reward notification for a $10 Visa Card, that I realized I had to redeem my card online. I NEVER received notification to redeem. In fact, I was never acknowledge as a bundled customer and had to call in to have my discounts manual entered EVERY MONTH until May 2013. This may be why I never received the Reward notification in the mail. I called AT&T today to try to fix this problem, and I was spoken to very rudely and was told it was too late to redeem my card. I was NEVER told how the rebate system works, I NEVER received award notification because I wasnt acknowledge in the billing system as a bundle customer until more than 3 months later, so how was this my fault? I even told the customer service rep that if I was going to be treated this rudely that I wouldnt move my services and would cancel all together, but she continued to rush me off the phone. I have NEVER been treated this way by an AT&T employee and it was VERY frustrating. I have always been an advocate for AT&T's great customer service and relationship skills, and this was VERY disappointing. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@edp123 wrote:

1. This ATT Reward card has a Visa logo.

2. No one from ATT has offered to help us with this reward card.

Click the ATT Customer Care link in my signature, send the PM, explain your reward card situation.

As stated above ATT Customer Care has helped other users in other ways to make users happy.

Include your account #, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right on every page, for their reply. Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is disgusting. I traded in an iPhone for a $200 gift card just a few months ago and now that I'm trying to use it I'm told it's worthless.

Is AT&T going to give me my iPhone back?

How is this not theft?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@justsomeguy1 wrote:

This is disgusting. I traded in an iPhone for a $200 gift card just a few months ago and now that I'm trying to use it I'm told it's worthless.

Is AT&T going to give me my iPhone back?

How is this not theft?

Follow my instructions in the post above yours and they can probably help you in other ways. 😉

Chris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

My heart sank when I realized today that these expire.  It seems very shady for them to expire so quickly!  I did follow the lead to email customer care in the hopes that they can make this right.  I will report back to see if they are able to help.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@lukebrisk wrote:

My heart sank when I realized today that these expire.  It seems very shady for them to expire so quickly!  I did follow the lead to email customer care in the hopes that they can make this right.  I will report back to see if they are able to help.

Don't know about shame on them, I've seen notices that they expire in 30 days sometimes. You just have to go out and spend them quick. 😉

Chris

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hello,

We have been a very loyal customers of At&t eventhough our internet sucked for awhile. We switched houses and we still use At&t everytime. We were given a $100 gift card and we forgot to use and now it's expired.

Please advise.

Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi,

I have the same issue. My At&t reward card expired. Can you please help me with this.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I have expired Reward Cards as well. I reached out to at&t not only because I've been a loyal customer for many many years but also because I'm having financial dificulties, and I can actually use this money to feed my kids.

Don't waste your time sending any private messages, This is how they responded to me:

Generally once the promo cards have expired, we're not able to have them resent.  You can reach out to the Rebate Center here to see if it is an option-http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB100021

Sadly, at&t's customer service has only gotten worse through the years. Your loyalty means nothing to them. 

Good luck!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Don't trust AT&T promotions. My experience: I was told I would receive an awards card, and the terms stated I had to go online to redeem it.  When I went online, it stated I had to wait at least 30 days prior to redemption. I signed on after that period had passed, and was told the offer had expired as it had not been redeemed within 30 days.  I called and was given the runaround. After two calls and several phone transfers to different people, I spoke to someone who assured me she would handle the problem.  Nice lip service, but I never received the card. Given that experience, and the constant harrassment I've received from the company, I've shed some AT&T services, and would drop them completely if I could.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I ordered uverse internet service (as this is all that is offered in my area) back in March to begin the first of April when i mived. Well i was told that i qualified for a $50 Visa reward card if i ordered my services online. Well i did that and read all the fine print and was patiently awaiting my rewards card via mail. Well i was never told or sent anything stating that you actually had to claim the rewards (which is dumb, just give it to us) so i called them today. Well needless to say i was told that the rewards were expired and i could call the rewards center to get them to re-submit the rewards. NOT! Called them and the lady told me that you have 30 days to claim them and once they've expired there is nothing they can do. Basically you snooze you lose. This is totally not fair especially since i wasnt aware you had to claim them. They should at least send you an email or something reminding you or INFORMING you on steps to get your rewards. Im not the richest person so $50 is a big deal to me. AT&T basically said sorry charlie, but continued to try to get me to buy everything under the sun from them. Not peased at all!!!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.