Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get the myAT&T app
mamabecka's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 5:31 PM

Closed

$200 Rewards Card Redemption EXPIRED?!! HORRIBLE Customer Service!

I had a HORRIBLE experience with AT&T today. Let me first say that I am a VERY loyal AT&T customer. I have been an AT&T wireless costumer for about 5 years and I am a U-Verse customer that is about to move her services to a new address. When I first signed up for AT&T Uverse back in February of this year I was told I was going to receive a $200 rebate/rewards card. Which I assumed was just going to be mailed to me. Nothing came. It wasnt until a couple of months ago when I received a reward notification for a $10 Visa Card, that I realized I had to redeem my card online. I NEVER received notification to redeem. In fact, I was never acknowledge as a bundled customer and had to call in to have my discounts manual entered EVERY MONTH until May 2013. This may be why I never received the Reward notification in the mail. I called AT&T today to try to fix this problem, and I was spoken to very rudely and was told it was too late to redeem my card. I was NEVER told how the rebate system works, I NEVER received award notification because I wasnt acknowledge in the billing system as a bundle customer until more than 3 months later, so how was this my fault? I even told the customer service rep that if I was going to be treated this rudely that I wouldnt move my services and would cancel all together, but she continued to rush me off the phone. I have NEVER been treated this way by an AT&T employee and it was VERY frustrating. I have always been an advocate for AT&T's great customer service and relationship skills, and this was VERY disappointing. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have had the same experience with AT&T. I was under the exact same understanding that a gift card was to be mailed to me. I watched for it for awhile then just called to find out it was expired. There is nothing I dislike more when dealing with a coustmer service rep and have them tell me there is nothing they can do. I have had nothing but problems with Att since I signed up and never been so unhappy with a TV provider in my life. I feel like such a sucker and out $200 because of it.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

My two reward cards got expired, too. I spent a lot of time to calling them. Finally, I was told I can only get one card back, but the other one they can't reissue it.

I was so disappointed it. I have been with AT&T more than 20 years. It makes me to start to think to transfer to T-Mobil...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Case Update:

Pam Rodgers, a Social Media Manager called me a couple of hours after I sent a private email to AT&T Community Forums. She is very nice and very professional. She gave me the same amount of credit to my account. She resolved issues with 10 minutes.

Thanks Pam!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This happened to me too. I received 3 cards, one each for $25, $100 and $150. I recently used the smallest one with no problem (which I got at the same time as the other 2 bigger ones) but when I went to use those last night...no dice. Expired. I'm very frustrated that the cards were only good for a couple of months. I was waiting until after Christmas to use them and now I feel like I got punished for waiting to use them. I could've been saving money on my cable bill by not going back to AT&T, and only signed back up because of the reward card incentive...which I didn't even get to use. I don't understand why the short usage period. 

Really disappointed in the lack of customer service on this issue. So many complaints about this, yet they continue to rip people off. I signed back up on good faith....they shouldn't be offering "rewards" with a 2 month usage limit. Ridiculous. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Hi,

I experienced this exact same issue and am VERY FRUSTERATED! I have had Uverse service for 4 years now and I moved to a new home last June and was told when I reconnect with new service through AT&T I would receive a $100 reward card. I never received this card and I called the AT&T Rewards Center and Customer Service and they were very short and said there is nothing at all that they can do for me.  I have been a loyal customer and would like to get this resolved. Please let me know who I need to get in contact with.

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just got off about 3 hours of wasted time being shuffled back and forth between Rewards, Billing, and Retention trying to solve the same problem.

Apparently, ATT sent my rewards card to my new address before I moved in, so it got returned to them.  I didn't think to check on it until two weeks ago, when I called and Rewards told me they could not reissue the card and that I should talk to Billing.  I talked to Billing, that said they could not do anything until Rewards made a note in my account.  Rewards then said that they can't even make notes in accounts.

Billing then sent me to retention when I became disgruntled.  

Retention basically told me that the promotion I signed up for never existed (even though Rewards had told me that they had tried to send the card...) and that they would be sorry when I cancelled my service.

Nice work, Retention!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I agree, less than 2 months time frame to use it is ridiculous.  I also went to use two rewards cards, one for $300 and another for $15 and found out they were expired just two months after receiving them. The $15 one I tried activating before it expired but the system wouldn't recognize it.  I live in California so I thought that they couldn't expire? especially so quick- 2 months?!  And I called for help and am told they can't issue since it was a 2013 promotion.  Which makes so sense since it relates to me moving my service in 2014 so it had nothing to do with 2013?  She said she can't issue past December, and I asked why December was the cut off and she changed the subject and said she could transfer me so for a 3rd time I am transfered back onto hold for another 10 minutes to the 'customer care center'... so frustrating.  I guess the rewards aren't really real rewards after all.  They must get refunded the money if they aren't used and know most people don't always use them- why else would they expire so fast?  Gift cards (which I thought this was, but am told its not) on the other hand don't have such a limited time frame of value- in fact living in California they don't expire.  Seems like misleading marketing practices to me...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

We too are long time AT&T customers - both residential and commercial. We too received a Visa gift card which expired quickly. We don't understand why.

Per cbsnews.com:

"Back in August 2010, the Credit CARD Act made it illegal for gift cards
to expire within five years of their issue date. The law covers retail
gift cards for goods or services and network-branded gift cards, which
are redeemable at any merchant that accepts the card brand."

This is really frustrating. Our reward has been retracted. We hope AT&T will help us.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@edp123 wrote:

We too are long time AT&T customers - both residential and commercial. We too received a Visa gift card which expired quickly. We don't understand why.

Per cbsnews.com:

"Back in August 2010, the Credit CARD Act made it illegal for gift cards
to expire within five years of their issue date. The law covers retail
gift cards for goods or services and network-branded gift cards, which
are redeemable at any merchant that accepts the card brand."

This is really frustrating. Our reward has been retracted. We hope AT&T will help us.

That quote is irrelevant as these are not gift cards, but Reward cards.

A gift card is when someone buys or your employer buys a gift card, puts a certain $ amt on them and gives them to you.

Network branding means Visa, Mastercard, etc.

Many times ATT Customer Care can give help in other ways to make up for these Reward Card problems. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

1. This ATT Reward card has a Visa logo.

2. No one from ATT has offered to help us with this reward card.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.