Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
hatie123's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Monday, August 28th, 2017 1:37 PM

Early Note8 Purchase for Past Note7 Owners

So I had the awesome Note7 only to to give one back twice due to the recall. So then I was forced to get a Galaxy s7 Edge on the Next program. While the S7 is a good phone it was a downgrade with smaller internal storage, no iris scanner, smaller screen & of course no S-Pen.  

I saw Samsung is offer a pre-order credit up to $425 for people who went through this nightmare.  So far I have found no information saying AT&T will also give us a trad-in credit, which I kinda understand. But will AT&T at least let people like me get out of the Next program early so we can finally get the phone we really want. I signed up for the Next 24 plan which allows me to trade-up every 12 months as long as the current s7 Edge is good. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The answer for why they should give us more is quite simple...

Because we were told by AT&T representatives that we would be made whole,
and that when Notes were fixed, we would be able to "switch back" at no
cost.

Instead, we are being told that we must pay off the phones we were forced
into taking when the Notes were recalled, in many of our cases TWICE...and
yes, we were *forced*. The offer given was "Here, choose a 7 or 7 active,
it's the closest we can give you while they get this straightened out".

We are the victims of a giant bait and switch, [Edited to comply with Guidelines]so you, Mr. AT&T
employee, should probalby report up the chain that we are dissatisfied and
demand to be made whole.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@txtornado57 

The Verizon offer is NOT half price.  It is Half price with the trade in of an eligible phone that is 100% paid off. Which is darn close to the offer from ATT.    

IMG_6193.JPG

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@alanmacneill wrote:

The answer for why they should give us more is quite simple...
Because we were told by AT&T representatives that we would be made whole,
and that when Notes were fixed, we would be able to "switch back" at no
cost.

Since when is some salesman in a store make ATT policy and promises for the whole company, for a problem that was not caused by ATT in the first place?  They DON'T.

Unless ATT put the offer online, in print, it never existed and total fiction.    There was no such offer made by ATT, Verizon, T-mobile or Sprint because they didn't make this mess.  Not last fall and not now.  

The reassurance you would have another chance at a Note device is not a promise of a special deal or to get out of paying for the phone you choose instead.  

You had other options if you didn't want the GS7 or What ever phone you bought.   You had use of the phone for 10 months which was sold to you by ATT.  It is no longer a new phone, it's worth $300 used and refurbished.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

"Since when is some salesman in a store make ATT policy and promises for the whole company, for a problem that was not caused by ATT in the first place?  They DON'T."

The fact remains, they did.  Whether it be from inadequate training or supervision on how to deal with the recall (frankly, quite likely) , associates made customers promises that are not now being kept.

That is uncool.  You may be right that AT&T may not have a *legal* responsibility (although I would dispute that as well), but they certainly have a moral and ethical responsibility to stand behind the promises they made.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@alanmacneill

Or maybe trying to reassure a customer loosing his marbles over the phone.  

I have never seen any promises from AT&T.  Any offers, deals or what have you are published on ATT website or Newroom.  Nothing.   So ATT made no such promise.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

A t&t is saying so sorry but no trade in. Samsung on the other hand will send you a new Note 8 and will give you 15 days to transfer all your stuff and return the other phone to them. They will give you a 425 dollar discount for the phone and the difference must be paid before they ship the Note 8 to you.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Anyone who got an S7 on Next after the Note 7 recall can trade-in.......if you're at the 24 month point (or the trade-in point for the Next plan you're on).

If someone is on installment 12 of 30 then a pay up to installment 24 is required for trade-in and upgrade.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@Jaybo10 wrote:
A t&t is saying so sorry but no trade in. Samsung on the other hand will send you a new Note 8 and will give you 15 days to transfer all your stuff and return the other phone to them. They will give you a 425 dollar discount for the phone and the difference must be paid before they ship the Note 8 to you.

@Jaybo10   That's close, but not exactly the offer from Samsung.

http://www.samsung.com/us/galaxy/note8/Note7Promo/#

FAQ.  http://www.samsung.com/us/galaxy/note8/Note7Promo/frequently-asked-questions/

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

So what's the difference in what I said?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

No I had to as we switched carriers to go with the Note 7 so yes I was FORCED into a phone I did not want
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.