Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
galadybug53's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Monday, November 18th, 2013 3:56 PM

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Does AT&T have any timetable for a rollout of the 4.2.2 update for the Note 8 (I467) models. The Wifi models in the US have received the update and many of the foreign models including Lte have received the update.

Thanks for any information.

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

This is PATHETIC! ! Im on my 3rd LTE Note 8 and still have the ANNOYING lag issue!! I KNOW YOU ARE MONITORING THIS FORUM ....WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS ATT????? I paid good money and a monthly data fee for a BROKEN FIRMWARE!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

When I got a new SIM card a few months back it looks like someone added a contract component to my line, but there's not actually a signed contract.  Maybe a nice way to pad comissions?  I'm not sure, but I was told in the store they could "override it" and get me on a new Next plan for a tablet if I wanted to upgrade.  I'm not intersted in an upgrade afer paying in full almost $600 for the tablet (early payoff of Next) because the specifications of my Galaxy Note 8.0 are still perfectly acceptible if the software can get updated to fix a lot of annoyances specifically addressed by Samsung in the changelogs for international versions.

After getting AT&T to fix the IMEI and change the model from an iPad to a Galaxy Note 8.0 (way to go on data entry accuracy!) I did a live chat with Samsung, a chat with AT&T customer service, a call with AT&T support, and visited a retail store again about the KitKat update.  What appears to be happening, based on bits of information from each of the conversations, is that the new Galaxy Note 8.0 devices are being shipped with KitKat pre-installed but they have not created an OTA package as of yet for existing devices.  

According to Samsung, AT&T has the update but it's up to AT&T to push it out.  That's also why Samsung has the OS listed as KitKat, because as far as they are concerned any new orders are shipping with the OS pre-installed so they don't have to address the majority of units in customers hands.  I personally think it would be more accurate to say 4.1.2 and then add "Upgradable to 4.4.2" AFTER AT&T has begun pushing out the update since the specification page is ONLY for the AT&T model.

So AT&T ... any timeline yet?  Some of us have been waiting patiently for about a year now for you to throw us a bone.  Had I known you would abondon all software support for the tablet I probably wouldn't have paid it off early and instead traded it in towards a Galaxy Tab S under the Next plan it WAS on.  Or I wouldn't have bought the tablet in the first place for that matter.

If the Note 8.0 was really that poor of a seller that you can't invest the time to give us an update on a tablet that's only a year old, when you still sell it new-in-box, where the update is already applied, then how about letting us trade in our tablets for a decent discount off a newer model or a straight-up trade for another Note 8.0 with the KitKat update already applied?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

I completely agree with Navalynt.

Let us have the update to our devices or let us swap them out with an updated one!

The lag issue is BIG BIG.  You can't type accurately at all due to this issue fixed last year!

AT&T if you don't want to push the update on your servers PLEASE LET SAMSUNG OFFER THE UPDATE VIA KIES!!! for those who want to install it! 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I just left the AT&T store, where 2 months ago, I received mhy 3rd Note 8 from the, with the same issue on all 3 of them.  Talked to a whole new batch of folks (new management) and none of them had a clue about this issue.  If I was to put a cuss word in here, I'm sure that'll get the attention of an AT&T rep in here!!!!!!!!

I say we post in here EVERY DAY until somebody tells us something about whether or not we are doing to receive an update for the DEFECTIVE DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Go figure....I was at the at&t store yesterday....all but given up on this update.  So I was looking at getting the Tab 4 to replace this device due to its issues on 4.1.2.   A work phone call led me away from the store, I vowed to return today to get it.  Well, last night, I decided to try for the update and after the initial software update interrupted, to which I had never gotten before, I did a factory reset, then BAM update to 4.4.2 successful!!  I think  they heard our cries!  lol! 

Oh well, going to test it out and see what happens!

Chris

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Sure enough!  OTA update available for me, also, but not yet through Kies.

The update will not complete if you are rooted - it interrupts at about 25%.

I was able to unroot through a setting within the SuperSU app and then run the OTA upgrade.  Lost root, but gained Kit Kat.

Changes to the lock screen pin pad, the stock email client and its widget, the status bar at top, multi-window, and some extra options in Settings.

So far no screen lag.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

was you able to root after the kit kat update?

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So where are these people located that has the update? kind of curious that no one access stated that they have but 2 people/

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

So I'm really ticked of that at&t sold me a device that got left behind.  Now that lollipop is coming around,  soon apps are not going work on this door stop. I doubt if I ever buy another tab from att.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.