Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
galadybug53's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Monday, November 18th, 2013 3:56 PM

AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH I467 - US LTE Update 4.2.2 Availability Soon?

Does AT&T have any timetable for a rollout of the 4.2.2 update for the Note 8 (I467) models. The Wifi models in the US have received the update and many of the foreign models including Lte have received the update.

Thanks for any information.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I need to throw my hat into this ring as well.

I just purchased one of the AT&T Refurbs for the Note 8 and found out that it has the older OS. Now I don't have a way to move my apps onto my SD card.

Please come out with the Latest OS soon. This sucks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

AT&T any word yet?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I've called AT&T twice and Samsung regarding this issue and no one seems to have an answer. The second time I called AT&T, the call taker suggested that the update may have to be done through Kies. I won't be able to try this until tomorrow,  but does anyone know if there is truth to this? I have my doubts.

I informed the AT&T rep of this thread and suggested that she forward the issue up the chain so it can be addressed. I find it to be pretty poor Customer Service that this is an official AT&T forum and no representative has posted here with any info whatsoever. 

My Note 8 has lagged on the touchscreen 3 times while banging out this reply. How happy I would be if I could get the update so this issue would be resolved! 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

ATT, can we please get an update for this device (Note 8)? It was released over a year ago and still on 4.1 with many bugs. This is ridiculous. $499 for a device that constantly hangs/freezes making it very frustrating to use. Also, not good for your customer service which I constantly was bragging about. Now I'm not so sure.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I purchased the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - SGH-I467 about a month ago. I just noticed that the os is 4.1.2.  Wish I would have went to this forum before I purchased the product. Now I hope that AT&T will provide an upgrade.  But by the comments on this forum, it doesn't look promising.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

the non lte version of note 8 (n5110) has received the 4.4.2 update. while the att lte version (i467) is sitting on version 4.1.2 . I was told when i bought that the update for 4.2.2 was comming soon. If i was told that att was going to declare it a dead product I never would have bought it... I think att should devote the resources to fix what ever the problem is or give people a refund..

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Alright. After over an hour of back and forth, getting runarounds, and calling Samsung out on their webpage claiming that the OC is already KitKat, which it currently isn't, this is what I finally got out of their rep. The KitKat 4.4.2 update will be released within a month or two for the device. It's certainly a far cry better than everyone being told that "I have no information for you at this time."

But other than that, it is stuck on 4.1.2 Jelly Bean until then. This information was supposedly coming from the rep's supervisor. As encouraging as the info is that yes, The SGH-i467 Galaxy Note 8 WILL be getting Android 4.4.2 in a month or two, I would still recommend taking this info at face value and not get your hopes up too much.

I've read all around the website and then some and I've seen the frustration apparent in a lot of people, nevermind myself. Still, let's hope that this works out.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I hope there is an update soon. If not I might consider selling. I was offered $50 for mine as well as a hundred dollar early termination fee from the local at&t here. My tablet is only a month old but since it has an issue with screen being laggy thats all they said I could get for it. Oh well I only paid $400 for it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Lucky I got it hot off the press and paid $600

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

10 years ago

It is very upsetting. At$t is outright lying to us.

If they would just unlock our devices, we could fix them ourselves. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.