For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
Bensmith's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, August 15th, 2016 3:24 AM

window 10 update

when will at&t release the anniversary update which was release by microsoft aug 2 for lumia 640 phones 

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

8 years ago

Already set it to 7 days...but I have no "Mail app"

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@freebirdwil321 wrote:

Already set it to 7 days...but I have no "Mail app"

From the home screen, swipe right, scroll down to the O's, "Outlook Mail".

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you just go into Settings->Accounts, you should have at least one "Email, Calendar and Contacts" account, correct?

And under "Accounts used by other Apps", you should have your Live (Outlook, Hotmail, whatever) account, correct?

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

8 years ago

Correct, I finally realized it's now called Outlook Email rather than listed by each email accounts name, got 3 of 4 email accounts working with a test email I sent from computer (had an emergency I'm a diabetic and have not eaten all day almost passed had to stop after 11 hours straight and eat), email now  working but Calendar and People(contacts) still not populated, have got to get contatcs as I don't knowanyones number without and I don't answer unidentified callers

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

8 years ago

@pgrey Under Settings, Your Email and Accounts, Email,calendar, and contacts all I have is

+ Add an account

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

@freebirdwil321 wrote:

@pgrey Under Settings, Your Email and Accounts, Email,calendar, and contacts all I have is

+ Add an account

For some reason the info isn't auto-populating from your email account, sometimes ISPs don't have all the protocols set up fully, etc.

Can you add your account here, the same one that your PC is sync'd too, or the one that the phone was enabled with, before the update? 

Edit: found this how-to, which should be pretty close:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17273/windows-10-mobile-sync-contacts

I don't know how/where your contacts are stored, which is making it tough for me to figure out how to help you re-populate them.

If the above doesn't help, try to give me whatever info you can, about your account (not personal info, please), things like your ISP name or type, or other way(s) you might have your contacts stored.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

8 years ago

My contacts are stored in my Microsoft account and calendar too. I have gone into this account and seen them (login.live.com), that's the account I'm using nothing stored with AT&T or Brighthouse, the problem is everytime I try to add my Live account I get

Something went wrong

We're sorry, but we weren't able to do that.

Error code: 0x8004010f.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

If you're really stuck, one way to get it done fast, is to go to your PC, and "activate" your Live.com (hotmail, outlook.com, etc) account by connecting to it there.
Then, you'll have a "contacts" subfolder, for that account on your PC.

From there, copy all your contacts, from your other account (still on the PC), into the Live account Contacts subfolder.

After these are all there, do a send-receive, to sync them to the cloud.

Then, you can go to your PC, add this account to it, and do a sync, and all the Contacts will come over, fast, from that account, because protocol linkage is very well tested/used.

Mentor

• 

47 Messages

8 years ago

Activate account I thought it, I use it all the time, connect it to where, how?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Which account are your contacts under, or is it multiple?

If you "copy" them to whatevr your "Live" account is (hotmail, outlook.com, live.com, etc), and then add that account to your W10m phone, it'll sync those contacts, and you'll be back to "normal", in that you'll have all you contacts back on the phone.

Then, you can go about the process of figuring out what's up with your ISP email, or whereever else you mostly manage your contacts.  
Currently, it's really hard for me to figure out how/why your contacts aren't sync'ing, since I don't know much about your accounts and such, so the "Live" account fix will get everything into sync, so you can get back to "regular work", and then figure out the other, as you have time, here and there...

It's sort of if you told me, well, my radio won't tune to 98.6, but it's on, and is set to FM, it just keeps not tuning to that station. 

If I didn't know anything about your radio or country, etc, I woudn't know to tell you that maybe you can't tune to an even-dot-value, on your radio.  Not the best analogy, but maybe it gives you some idea?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.