For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
DCIFHoward's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 12:16 PM

Use outside antenna with ATT Homebase

I am using our ATT Homebase as a Hotspot for printer & Desktop computer, which works fine only on occation our tower signal drops. Is there a way to connect the ZTE 2700A Homebase to an outside Antenna source?
I found 2 connection points on bottom where the Battery is but there is NOTHING in the Manual describing these.
I was going to post a picture of these but was unable too.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

There are so many antennas, do you have a recommendation? I use an iPhone 8 4G Lite for my lives. Thank you for your help.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

There are no connections for antenna for the ZTE 2700A, if you are technically competent there are websites that talk about wiring directly to the board of the unit, in other words they customized their unit. I upgraded to MF279 get around that issue.  And/Or you need a signal booster, it increases the strength of the cell signal which the 2700A or MF279 unit picks up.  Those run $200 to $400 and up ( I use a zBoost unit) and require an external antenna. The antenna that comes with the zBoost unit is horrible so I got a yagi antenna on Amazon, made a world of difference. It's a lot of fiddling around, but in a rural setting the only other choice is satellite and those are a rip-off.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

If your phone indicates 2 or 3 bars then your signal can be boosted with a signal booster.  It sounds like you a 2700A unit, you cannot attached an antenna directly to those units.  You will need a signal booster in the house with an outside yagi antenna, this is the unit I use: https://smile.amazon.com/zBoost-ZB545-Signal-Booster-Office/dp/B003VOW5WI/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1527353894&sr=8-16&keywords=signal+booster+for+cell+phone

but I replaced the antenna with this:  https://smile.amazon.com/Cellular-Directional-Periodic-T-mobile-Repeaters/dp/B07354MBKZ/ref=sr_1_9?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1527354287&sr=1-9&keywords=yagi+cell+phone+booster+antenna

If this is all overwhelming, find a local antenna company and see what they can do for installing a signal booster.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.