For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I agree! I'm not going to ask 11 people to use a different messaging app just b/c our AT&T phones won't allow what all other carriers are capable of. AT&T is not the cheapest option out there-- we shouldn't have this issue. I never realized this was an issue, but where messaging is becoming more the norm for communication these days, it's a major inconvenience and this won't be acceptable. We'll most likely find a carrier that can accommodate.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I agree. AT&T is not the cheapest option out there, so we shouldn't have to settle for less than what others are getting from their providers. With text messaging becoming such the norm for communication these days, it's not acceptable and would be too much of an inconvenience to ask 10 others to switch to a group texting app just for one person. We will be one not to cry wolf, but will be switching carriers soon.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It is aggravating to be able to receive a group text to more than 10 people and not be able to reply to the whole group. You can reply to an individual in the group, but not to the whole group. My son was on a soccer team with 18 players. When the coach sent a group text to all the parents I could not reply to all of them. At least I did find out I could reply to the one who texted the group, but the whole group didn't get the reply. I don't know of another carrier that does this. I can understand a limit of a higher total of like 50 or 100, but 10 is ridiculous. Even 25 would be acceptable for most groups, but it shouldn't be that low. There are some group texting apps that don't require the members to use the app, but that doesn't help me if I'm not the leader using the app or it doesn't send to all in a reply.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I found that when I am replying to group text of more that 10.. turn off the MMS then reply to the group txt... It would say outgoing in the status and then I would go back to settings and turn back on the MMS and I found that the reply goes through.. I have tried it a couple of times and it worked..I know it seems like alot of work but this the only way I found until ATT fixes this issue

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Obviously if you have numerous unhappy customers this is a problem. I am a team manager to 3 of my kids sports teams with 12-17 players on each team. This is ridiculous and time consuming to have to send 2 sets of texts to each team. Funnier part is I've always been an ATT customer and never had this problem until I got a new phone. How is that even possible???? I actually was googling to see if I had to change a setting on my phone and didn't even realize it was an ATT issue until now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

"The most dangerous phrase in language is 'We've always done it this way.'"

-Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Just because that's how it's always been doesn't mean that it's a legitimate or acceptable answer. It's 2017 ATT, time to figure it out. I've been close to switching to Verizon for about 2 years now. Guess it's time to finally make the switch.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This suggestion is ridiculous.  I just spent over an hour on the phone with AT&T and bascially told I need to go with another carrier. I was transfered more than 3 times and had to explain my issues along with my account id more than 3 times.  My husband is a coach and I am a team parent for a national team.  We travel all over the country.  I need to send a group text out to over 19 parents for meal times, laundry times, play times.  I don't want to set up an app on my phone and my parents don't either.  We should be able to group text 1 time not in several groups.  How stupid is this!!!!!!!  Not only is their a group text issue.  I added a phone to our plan and now my mothers flip phone is listed as the main phone on our plan.  We have tried for over a year to correct this, but AT&T is not smart enough to fix it!!  We have been a customer for over 20 years.  Frustrated!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

"We've always done it that way" does not mean it is not broken. A limit on group texts IS broken and will be enough for me to switch all 5 of our lines to Verizon.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Why the canned responses from att? We can send astronauts to the moon but cant text to more than 10 people on att? {edited for word filter evasion}

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Verizon MMS can sent to 20 people.  At least match your biggest competitor.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.