Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
WOMracing's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 3:20 AM

Why is my maximum group text limit only 10 recipients?

When is AT&T going to fix the problem of having a limit of only being able to send a group text to 10 recipients?  No other carrier has a limit on the amount of recipients that can be sent a group text except AT&T.  When are they going to fix this huge problem that they constantly seem to ignore and not give a real answer too? 

I have been with AT&T for over 22 years and their cell service is great, but their customer service is the worst, and their in store service is just as bad.  The question I asked above has been a constant problem that people have complained about for a while now and they never do anything about it.  Just watch how they answer the question above, if they even respond to it at all.   I guarantee you they will dance around it or use some lame excuse like it's an Iphone problem.  Well I don't have an Iphone, I have a new Samsung S6 Impact and I know other people who have the same phone as me but with Verizon and they have no problem sending group text messages with no limit on the amount of recipients they choose to send them too.  

Why is there a limit of only 10 recipients when sending a group text?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Sad to see that AT&T continues to ignore their customer base, especially on an issue that could save lives - Firefighters, EMT, School Administrators, etc. - but they placate the masses with limited / unlimited streaming and "Free Streaming" if you have their crappy satellite service.

AT&T - you're not doing your investors any favor by torquing off your loyal customers.  Wake up and smell the toast . . . It's burning!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

7 years ago

The ATT Solution to this issue is absolutely ridiculous. That's not a solution, it's a terrible workaround that allows ATT to avoid the issue.

I've been struggling with this issue for 2 years and finally stumbled on the root cause. ATT has been silently modifying my communications and preventing me from responding to 3 out of 13 members of our team. Ridiculous! I'm totally embarrassed and very thankful it has not been life/death situations. 

I'm required to quickly communicate with a small team of 13 people and for years our responses to group messages are spanned into smaller threads that omit several others team members. We've all been confused, but we struggled along. A few of us use ATT and it never dawned on us that ATT was the root cause. At this point I'm livid and don't see any other choice but to switch carriers. I will also notify the other users in our group about ATT's policy and recommend we all switch to a different carrier. 

I was raised on ATT phone service and have used only ATT (or Bell Telephone) for 64 years. It's sad, but it's time for a change. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Wow. Just experienced this for the first time on a group outing last week. I thought I was going crazy. It broke the 13 person group text into numerous 10 person group texts. I couldn't communicate with any of them and received a flood of separate texts. I had to mute all the text strings. Only I and one other AT&T customer had the issue. No one else. Contrary to what David606 is saying...this is broken, we're telling you it's broken. and looking at this thread, it seems they're not going to fix it. I've had issues with AT&T since college and have only kept them because I was grandfathered into their data plan. As soon as I see a favorable unlimited data plan come up with another carrier I'm hopping ship...which upon looking it seems Verizon now has one comparable in price...maybe now I can actually hotspot my phone too. Will switch when the iPhone 8 drops.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I haven't had this issue in a long time because most of my close friends now use GroupMe (which started out of necessity for our fantasy football league). Now a huge thread has started with my mountain biking friends and I'm getting crushed by separate threads and can't communicate with the group. I've been with AT&T over 20 years and have always been a fan, but this one issue is going to send me to Verizon to join my wife's plan. Sorry, AT&T—this seems very short-sighted of you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I know I'm late a few years late but I am not going to read over all the responses to see if your problem was addressed. Now simply put in your text option settings there should be an option for mms texting you can turn it off so now that limit of 10 is removed.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Looking at Verizon. Can you hear me now?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

As mentioned in post 95, Groupme works beautifully without requiring others also have the app.  It works on computers and phones.  

All carriers have a group message limit.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

IMG_6181.PNGIMG_6182.PNG

2 Attachments

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T is the only carrier I know of with such a limit. When I called CS today, I was told it was an Apple issue. When I called her on it she admitted it was an ATT policy that wasn't going to change anytime soon. Looking at Verizon later today.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

7 years ago

It still doesn't work from an SMS app like Textra. According to an email from a Textra rep that I contacted about on this issue:

On Sep 1, 2017 8:44 PM, "Jason" wrote:
Hi,
Not possible in any 3rd party SMS app, as they use your carrier to send all messages.

Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.