For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
HickoryC's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, July 30th, 2015 10:30 PM

BMOP From T-Mobile

Greetings,

Things are looking down with my carrier from the perspectives of coverage and customer support. I would like to know the estimated monthly charge for 3 lines. The 3 phones are Moto G 2nd Gen purchased unlocked. Total bill at present is around $106 mo. 

FYI, I tried AT&T BYOP website but got nowhere.

Thanks in advance

Dean (HickoryC)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

Line fees if you bring your own phones are $40-$25 for BYOD, $45
You can get 10 GBS of data for $100
Total bill $145 before tax. The bill is higher, but the coverage is much better.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

9 years ago

This is going to seem weird, but it can cost more for less data because the line fee discount is reduced.
3 GBS is 40, 3 lines is $75, total $115
6 GBS is $70, 3 lines at $75 total $145

If you are used to streaming music on t mobile for free, Verizon and ATT don't do that.
You can try getting buy with the 3 GB plan as its only a bit more than your t-Mobile bill.

Just so you understand, ATT doesn't include phones in its service charges. If you ever want to upgrade your phones, you can either buy a compatible phone elsewhere, or use ATT Next, which is a no interest loan on a phone.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@HickoryC wrote:

This helps very much. Just spoke with 20 something user. He does stream music. If we do start with 3GB, we could upgrade. The $115+tax is a fair trade off for good service. We have experienced too many dropped calls.

Do keep in mind that with AT&T, the data is a shared pool, and there is no automated way to prevent a single user from using all the data in the first few days of a biloing cycle.  If you use your entire data plan, additional data is automatically added in 1GB increments at a cost of $15/GB, so if you have a 3GB data plan, and go over by more than 1GB, it will cost you $30 or more in overage charges.  This is part of why @lizdance40 suggested the 10GB plan.  It only costs $30 more than the 3GB data plan, but it gives you more than 3x the data to use.  I don't stream a lot of music, but I have been listing to a few hours of the new Apple streamign music each day and I have used about 300MB in the last 10 days, or about 30MB a day.  If I keep that up for a 30 day billing cycle, that would be almost 1GB of music streaming alone (for jsut 1-3 hours a day). In comparison, I have already used closer to 1.1GB by watching YouTube videos for about 2-3 hours total in that sime time frame (10 days).  That might help you for a refernce point of view.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

@HickoryC wrote:

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Y'all have painted a picture...no, displayed a model of the choices, as well as making one aware of the potential mistakes a person would likely make without your valuable input. Next step: confirm existing phones are compatible with AT&T Network.

If they are all Moto G GSM phones, they will be compatible with AT&T's 2G and 3G networks.

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

9 years ago

How much data would you like to have on your family plan?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Current plan is 1 GB for each line. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks. Don't think we need 10 GB. Current 1 GB per line. Carrier does not let user exceed limit so at least no surprise bills.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

This helps very much. Just spoke with 20 something user. He does stream music. If we do start with 3GB, we could upgrade. The $115+tax is a fair trade off for good service. We have experienced too many dropped calls.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Y'all have painted a picture...no, displayed a model of the choices, as well as making one aware of the potential mistakes a person would likely make without your valuable input. Next step: confirm existing phones are compatible with AT&T Network.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

In case I didn't reply, my apologies. Last Sunday we moved our 3 lines to AT&T with 10 GB. Yes, it is $145 mo. We have thus far had service everywhere, most importantly in our home. We let the folks at the AT&T Store know that we were brought up to speed by members of this community. We are also all now Android as one phone was not able to make the move. 

Thanks again for your most valuable input. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.