Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
HickoryC's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, July 30th, 2015 10:30 PM

BMOP From T-Mobile

Greetings,

Things are looking down with my carrier from the perspectives of coverage and customer support. I would like to know the estimated monthly charge for 3 lines. The 3 phones are Moto G 2nd Gen purchased unlocked. Total bill at present is around $106 mo. 

FYI, I tried AT&T BYOP website but got nowhere.

Thanks in advance

Dean (HickoryC)

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Yesterday, we moved three phones (2 from Sprint, one GoPhone) to T-Mobile. There was no charge to sign up or activate. Just paid $100 deposit since we didn't want to give them our SSN for credit check. Deposit will be refunded in a year after regular payments which we have setup to autopay. Our total monthly cost will be $120 plus taxes for upto 4 lines (we're trying to convince another family member to joing at no cost to them) for unlimited talk, SMS and 10GB LTE data per line (an additional 10GB data stash is provided to be rolled over for a year). Signal is good everywhere we travel.

The future of mobile services has arrived in the USA. I suspect it's only a matter of time before AT&T and Verizon follow the same path.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@rmk9785e wrote:

Yesterday, we moved three phones (2 from Sprint, one GoPhone) to T-Mobile. There was no charge to sign up or activate. Just paid $100 deposit since we didn't want to give them our SSN for credit check. Deposit will be refunded in a year after regular payments which we have setup to autopay. Our total monthly cost will be $120 plus taxes for upto 4 lines (we're trying to convince another family member to joing at no cost to them) for unlimited talk, SMS and 10GB LTE data per line (an additional 10GB data stash is provided to be rolled over for a year). Signal is good everywhere we travel.

The future of mobile services has arrived in the USA. I suspect it's only a matter of time before AT&T and Verizon follow the same path.

yeah if tmobile ever upgrades there network.  rural areas ATT and verizon cover Tmobile does not.  I will gladly pay ATT more for service just because tmobiles network has less coverage and tmobiles CEO is a tool.  2G only is what tmobile provides here.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

That may be a consideration in some rural areas. Certainly good signal and coverage trups lower costs. That's why we left Sprint. Our family is spread between SF Bay area and 90 miles east in the central valley. We checked the coverage maps of AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile and found service to be adquate in where we live and travel.

My point is that all over the world, people have a choice to change carriers and prepay/refill without being bound in annual contracts. I'm hopeful this flexibility is arriving in the USA.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.