For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
Rhonda_Up's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 7th, 2022 5:23 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I cannot log into my at&t account or email on my laptop.  I keep getting the error code CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] no matter what I do.  I am using chrome and have cleared my cash and cookies.  I am however able to see email on my cell phone.  Please help!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I wish I shared your feeling about lip service, @Lollymiss  😟

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

@Lollymiss  While I had them on the phone, I informed them about yahoo not filtering spam and wanting to charge $5 a month for their "Yahoo Plus" to filter it.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@dellray   Please stop with the $5 a month thing!  It only incites the conspiracy theorists even more.  I've already debunked that multiple times as have other forum members who paid the money and aren't seeing anything different.

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

@tonydi Have you told it to ATT on the phone? When the "Yahoo Plus" popup stops, I will stop, until then, I will continue condemning the issue.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

What would I tell them on the phone?  And why on earth would I talk to the subcontracted script readers on the phone who are clueless and have absolutely zero control over anything?

Feel free to condemn the Yahoo ad (spam), that's fine. I don't like them either.

But stop trying to convince people that all these Yahoo/AT&T email issues are a ploy to get them to upgrade.  It isn't.  Or that paying up will make these problems go away.  It won't.

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

You are letting your imagination run wild, I am trying to tell users that it is Yahoo/ATT responsibility to protect their users and not try to sell stuff to their users that they are responsible for, but there again you are right, it is impossible to protect against all attacks.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

No need to imagine anything, I just read what you write....

yahoo is trying to rip people off with their new $5 per month add-on filter and ATT seems to be backing them because they are not doing anything about the problem.

Only Yahoo can stop the spam and they will not, they are trying to sell "Yahoo Plus" for $5 a month

I informed them about yahoo not filtering spam and wanting to charge $5 a month for their "Yahoo Plus" to filter it.

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

All facts...

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Except as I've already proven, the $5/mo does NOT change the spam filters or improve anything about that situation.  So tying the motive for the spam floods to the $5 service is just another unfounded conspiracy theory.

So to get this thread back on topic and not closed, has anyone else gotten a response from the OoP form with anything of value or is it just "we're working on it"?

• 

108 Messages

2 years ago

Except as I've already proven, the $5/mo does NOT change the spam filters or improve anything about that situation. So tying the motive for the spam floods to the $5 service is just another unfounded conspiracy theory.

So trying to get users to pay $5/mo for something that doesn't work is not a conspiracy, give me a break.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.