Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Need to update email settings?
Rhonda_Up's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Apr 7, 2022 5:23 PM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I cannot log into my at&t account or email on my laptop.  I keep getting the error code CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] no matter what I do.  I am using chrome and have cleared my cash and cookies.  I am however able to see email on my cell phone.  Please help!

Terri10

• 

43 Messages

2 m مضت

cher45 - Yes I am.  It also asked for my last name....it won't even let me get to the security questions.  I use the "My AT&T" app on my phone and can get most of what I need, since all I really need is my account info. But if I ever buy a new phone, I'm going to have to sign into my account so my email will show up on my new device.  So I guess I'm going to have to go through that stupid chat re-synch thing.  AT&T, do better.

Question, though....if I'm on a desk top and get them to re-synch it, would I be able to get in with another device?  (I'm guessing yes.)

• 

29 Messages

2 m مضت

As a long term AT&T employee (now retired) and customer, I cringe every time I have had to deal with the AT&T/Yahoo email fiasco!!  The whole AT&T/Yahoo relationship is a darn mess to the end user/client!  This error Code: 205.2 [LU003] instance is just another (Edited per community guidelines) moment!  Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.  At least it is a beginning point to help resolve my Error Code: 205.2 [LU003] problem that just now surfaced on all of my devices...sigh....

(edited)

dellray

• 

106 Messages

2 m مضت

@DisgruntledMike Go to att.com and get logged in and do not select "Keep me signed in". Close your browser and sign back in again and select "Keep me signed in" and complete you login. Select Go to email and never log out, the 205.2 will not show up again.

Make sure you save these cookies or you will get logged out:

https://att.com

https://yahoo.com

https://att.net

(edited)

Terri10

• 

43 Messages

2 m مضت

I'm lucky that I've not had any problems with my email.  And I've been using the My AT&T app.  But what I'm concerned about it when I get a new iPhone, I have to be able to sign in to my account to get my email on my new phone....which means going to chat, getting past the bot, explaining my problem (like they've never heard it before), prove I'm me and then they finally have it re-synched.  I'm hoping it will re-synch on all my devices, since I prefer to type on chat on my desktop, yet will want to sign in on my iPhone. I just wish they'd fix it.

• 

29 Messages

2 m مضت

@dellray Thanks!

Between my spouse and I, we have 5-different AT&T (Yahoo) email addresses and 6-different devices from which we access emails.  Other than our phones, our PC’s use the emClient App as the front-end to access our emails.  Thus, we rarely access emails via a browser and hadn’t done so, prior to this error code issue.

Thanks to the instructions in this thread, my spouse got to an AT&T human to chat with and remedy the error code situation.  Once past the FAQ/database "chat Bot" (yeah, I detest these pseudo chat’s), our fix took about 5-minutes.  Why the error occurred, or if it will again occur, we are keeping our fingers crossed.  But as others have said, whatever is the cause, it would be great if AT&T would fix it, so this sort of thread wouldn't be necessary. 

Other than those of us on this forum, there must be thousands more that are experiencing the problem.  But they may not know how to access threads such as this and are having a whale of a time correcting the problem!  And once one is in contact with an AT&T associate, the employee hours spent simply allowing users to login again -- when they should not have been excluded from doing so -- must be extraordinary.

In addition to our 5-different AT&T email addresses, we have 7 different methods and ways to log into AT&T, depending upon what we want to do and what accounts we want to access. This is because we have never been able to combine all accounts into one easy-to-use login and we’re both well versed in dealing with IT issues. This has been the case for the decades we have used AT&T as our provider of multiple services.  Divestiture and the Baby Bells that followed it and then their combination under the AT&T heading, along with the addition of and changes made to Yahoo as the email provider, have I would envision made things more complex than they should be.  Whether I'm correct or not, I can picture programming patches upon patches attempting to link everything together, making it cumbersome to understand as an IT professional and more cumbersome to fix when errors like this one arise. 

dellray, your instructions of how to save and not save browser settings and cookies pretty much defines the problem for what it is; which is an unnecessary mix of pseudo band-aid measures, into what amounts to be a cluster for the end user!!  That by no means is to say that your instructions were anything but welcome, they were….Thanks again!!!  

Terri10

• 

43 Messages

2 m مضت

Yes, I think you're on to something with the Yahoo/AT&T patchwork fixes.  I imagine it's a nightmare to fix.  I'm not sure if I completely understand Delray's fix (close out browser and then reopen same browser and 'keep signed in'?) but I mainly just want to be able to sign in to my yahoo account to transfer all my emails to my new phone this fall.  I'd feel a lot better if I could just sign in from my new device without code errors.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

Well after a month of my sbcglobal.net AT & T email working without fail, it is now back to requiring a new password daily!!!  I swear.... what a complete debacle for email users & an awful customer response.  In this day & age how can AT & T not fix the same reoccurring email problem that has been going on for MONTHS & MONTHS???!!!!!  I remain completely stunned & beyond disappointed that this continues to happen to customers & AT & T does nothing to correct it long term! If you call or chat, the same advice is given that doesn't fix the problem and the cycle of insanity continues.  I have spent hours on chat & phone with all kinds of direction, & believe me, I've tried them all, but nothing works long term!  I've had my sbcglobal.net email for over 20 years & it would be beyond labor intensive to switch, but I am nearly at that point.  Once I switch my email, I will NEVER use AT & T for ANYTHING- wireless, TV, email, phone - NOTHING!!!!!  They will have lost a customer FOREVER!  I am just so sick of the unprofessional response to this monumental problems for so many customers!

Lollymiss

• 

31 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

@aunthelenirene .... I had about 3 blissful weeks without issue and now I am literally signed out about every hour. I do all the work arounds that I've been doing since this started October 2021, and then boom... kicked out again. Each time I have to do the work arounds on my phone as well. I have also tried all the things, calling and writing all the people & departments, to no avail! My husband and I also have had our sbcglobal account over 20 years. We do not want to switch. I simply cannot understand why this can't be fixed! And now I am having gazillions of spam emails all day despite blocking their addresses!

dellray

• 

106 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

@Lollymiss  Go to att.com and sign in and close browser.

Go back to att.com and select "Keep me signed in" and sign in again and never log out.

(edited)

Terri10

• 

43 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

Delray - do do you reopen same browser to to select "Keep me signed in"?  

dellray

• 

106 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

@Terri10 If you have more than one email address, you are forced to logout of one and into another. What I have is 3 addresses and only one gets the 205.2 error and I use MS Edge for that one and never log out. I use Firefox for the other 2 and I can log in and out without any problem because I don't get the 205.2.

Terri10

• 

43 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I have one email address.  Do I re-sign into the same browser?  I'm only going to need to go in when I get my new phone in the fall.  So I think I'm going to ask in chat to have my account re-synced so I can get into my account once - to set up my new phone-and then never go in again until I get another new phone.  

I've discovered I can see my billing, etc. in my MY AT&T phone app.

dellray

• 

106 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

If you have only one address, go to att.com and sign in, close the browser, go back to att.com and select "Keep me signed in". If you ever get the 205.2 when going to your email, go to att.com and sign in (it should say "Signed in") and go to "View email" and you can again go directly to you email without going to att.com.

elkinm

Teacher

• 

55 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I have not had a 205.2 again, but every machine had problems signing in as the browser would flash and it would fail to sign in giving a Start over option. I had to clear all yahoo and att cookies (and make sure none were blocked) several times before I could finally log in again.

Also, I do use the keep me signed in option which should last for 2 weeks or 14 days. However I have verified that it only lasts for one week or 7-8 days. I am still keeping track.

(edited)

Lollymiss

• 

31 Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

@dellray that just doesn't work for me... I've done it and done it again... and still get logged out about every 3 weeks. This weekend it was every hour!

Need help?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.