Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

NO! I get a "404"! Try the truth... It's better.

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

We are all PAYING CUSTOMERS! Free Memberships/Subscriptions are not FREE! They are paid for by the U.S. Government. That means; We The People Pay for all of the Real and Fictitious.

Wanna try the Bull-Ends again, or would you like to guess how I know?

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

Are you out of your mind? You must be making this up.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Which mail do I have? Do not like the mail list that has a trash can off to the right side of each listed mail. Did this on Chrome, clicked the gear icon and chose classic. No way to go back. It shows OK when using Firefox . I like the one that has archive, move, delete, spam and the 3 dots at the top of mail list. Which do I have on Chrome or Firefox.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just lived chatted with ATT, Were are all out of luck.  They have deleted the CLASSIC email all together, we are all now stuck with BASIC email.

The classic was great, the basic lacks so much, including inline photos, save to drafts don't save, when searching for an email you no longer have

a choice of To or From or dates , hard to sift through old emails, the new basic just lumps it all together. You can no longer bold , italicize , shall I go on?

This " improvement" is no improvement it is back wards.

They call it Classic for a reason, don't mess with a classic.

I am now looking for another company after 20 years on yahoo mail. Google is not an option for me, so anyone have suggestions

for a close second to the Classic email.

Losing drafts cost me time and money this week, as well as 2 emails I know were sent that never arrived.

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

5 years ago

Looks like now there is Basic or New - New is similar (although not identical - still will take some adjusting!) to Classic.  The "New Email" is not functional in Internet Explorer so using that, you have only Basic.  They tell you that you need to upgrade to Chrome or Firefox to use the "New Email" and I am finding it does work in those.  It also appears to work in Microsoft Edge (so far) and there may be other options I'm not aware of.

(The biggest difference I'm finding so far between New and Classic aside from some relatively minor appearance changes is that it looks like the little refresh circular arrow thing that used to be on the left side where it says "inbox" is gone....but seems that if I click where it used to be, it still refreshes the mailbox...)

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

You actually expected different outcome... Are you new? You'll never get any Real Help from an (Ahem) "Employee". They're far to busy... Twiddling their thumbs, watching Springer, Maury, Phil, Wilkos, or some other waste.
Most people having issues with the (Ha-ha) "NEW" email have given up and don't bother.They've known my take on it since before the change. They kept sending me updates. I kept sending (Not Nice) Replies.
No one at ATT gives a Flying Fiddler's Flatulence. They only care about the FREE Money they get from our Government. The "NEW" email only has to work. It doesn't have to work well and there's NO REAL Customer Service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Error 404 - they deleted the page, or moved it

Teacher

• 

43 Messages

5 years ago

You could try holding your breath, but I wouldn't recommend it. You could make a STINK about it, but the "Commie" Mediators are (Most Likely) still in their Positions of (God like) Power, and they'll have a PHONY Meeting to discuss a (Ha-ha) Punishment for you. They may threaten to Cancel your Subscription/Membership(?), take away the Less than Useless Bull-Ends Points, or some other load of...Whatever you do... Don't remind them of the FACT, Your Free Subscription/Membership isn't Free. It's Payed for by our Puppet Government. Essentially Y-O-U and everyone else.Even I was hopeful about the New Company taking over... Not anymore.
At the very least... I'm thankful it works. That's something. There's NO REAL HELP/Customer Service, but it's the same with any similar (Ha-ha) service provider.The last time they sent me an Email stating I've earned Phony "Points"... I Replied with a suggestion on where and what they can do with them. They never Replied.Sorry, I can't be more helpful. They only care about the Government Money they get.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.