Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
acolner's profile

Mentor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 4th, 2014 3:00 PM

I don't like the new ATT.net email format.

How do I go back to the old one (Classic)?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

The new email format is horrible.  It is not just the ads.  Its the way it references  "me", the way you have to navigate through entire conversations to pull up attachments that have been sent, the fact that messages are sent to "me" when your replying to sender, by default, the fact that you can't start an email, change your mind and attempt to leave the page, and when returning to the original email, having the thread return to the email you started to respond with, and the list goes on. Its confusing, and has caused me to send out numerous messages to the wrong person etc.  This is New Coke.

Guru

• 

498 Messages

10 years ago

Click the little "gear" at the top right corner of the mail page

Select "Settings"

Select "Viewing Mail"

Uncheck "Enable Conversations"

"Conversations": an expensive answer to a question no one asked.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The 'new' email page is inefficient, confusing, and too complicated for easy use. How can I get rid of the entire string of emails between folks??

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

The "new" email arrangement provides the most confusing and worst email experience I've ever had. When a new email is added to a conversation it is posted back to the original email and at the date of the original email. This makes finding a recent email that is a part of a conversation almost impossible. All other emails I am familiar with post the email on the date the last email of the conversation occurred. I much prefer this way.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

It's not "difficult" - it's horrible - I hate it - and there is no possible reason for

refusing to show the to and from email addresses.  If I get a message it's

because it's been sent to "me" -- but I use several email addresses and

sometimes I actually NEED to see which address was used -- and it's

not "rare" when a message is NOT from who it pretends to be from, so

there IS a need to see the sending address..

Dumbing down to this level is NOT good business.  Nobody is that stupid.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I agree wholeheartedly! I am now never sure what I am actually forwarding on! When something is working, why not just leave it alone!! Don't try to fix something not broken! Pat [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I understand that anything new takes time to get accustomed to.  I know...I am a web developer and it isn't unsual to hear complaints weeks and even months after release of a new appication, website, etc. So I gave the new email system time to work and learn how to use.  I thought by now all the bugs would be worked through and I would fall into learning were items are and how the Yahoo email would work.

BUT, time is over.  Please fix your bugs...expecially in iOS Safari.  I don't understnad why after 6 months (actually almost a whole year) I am still experiening slow load times, ads covering email text, website causing browser crashes, and on and on the list goes.  Just read the comments under this posting for more examples.  

Please....I beg you...if  you or Yahoo can't fix this please select another provder to partner with.  I am willling at this point to try anything if it means I don't have to use this email system again.

Thank you.  

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

9 years ago

It is NOT a matter of getting used to it, some of the changes are just plain STUPID.  An example is if you have several hundred message in your inbox (my usual take) and you decide to delete it or move it or almost anything else with a message several pages in, when you come back to your list of e-mails you are NOT where you left it, but at the top of the list!  Now you get to have fun and scroll, scroll scroll scroll down to where you were and continue.  This gets old very quickly and is the newest "Improvement" to the e-mail.  So it NOT just a change, it is a very dumb process with mostly no benefit derived from it at all.

Bill

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Rather than sending us links to more to read...why don't you just tell those of us that keep asking one of the same questions...HOW DO I STOP THE SPONSORED ADS AND THE ADS DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE???

With all the revenue you are collecting from those ads, our service should be FREE!!! Especially since we are MADE to look at them!!!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Please go back to old format ATT.  Have you used this email yourself?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.