Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help connecting your router?
silverbeowoulf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:30 PM

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

ConnectTech is not U-verse.  They are a paid support option with AT&T who are supposed to provide general assistance with technical problems outside the realm of AT&T's control.  Some (if not all) of it is contracted out to companies not unlike (and may include) Geek Squad.  Were I you, I'd cancel it and get as much of my money back as I could.

If you can get open a connection and get a response from the mail server using the "TELNET address 25" command, then AT&T is no longer blocking your port 25 connection.  At that point it becomes a different problem.  Either authentication at that mail server, a blacklist of your IP address, or a rejection due to sender, addressee, or content.

So, could you run down what you're trying to do and what happens.  Error messages and/or NDR e-mails would be especially helpful.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

Ok if I go to a CMD prompt ant type telnet 173.194.64.108 25 i get the following response:

220 mx.google.com ESMTP at11sm484020.21 - gsmtp

Once the voice mail is created it sends a wav file as an email attatchment.  I am trying to send it to the gmail server and it shoiuld then be sent to the appropriate email address.  The error I receive says:

SMTP failed to connect the server

No route to host

Does this info help or do yo need anything else.  If so please let me know and will send all I can.

I am in the process of getting a refund on this as they could not resolve the issue.

Thank you,

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

If I do a telnet session on port 587 I get this back:

220 mx.google.com ESMTP tb3sm13636111oec.7 - gsmtp

I get the same error back no matter which port I try to go out on.

This system worked sending out wav files as email when it wass connected though Time Warner Cable. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

Yes, you are getting back a response from the Google mail server, so the port 25 block appears to be gone.  I am unclear now in trying to figure out what is generating the message "SMTP failed to connect the server/No route to host," specifically if this is the sending system having an issue finding the Gmail host, or if the gmail host is having problems resolving the SMTP server for the recipient address.  Where do you see this message?

From context, your sender appears to be a phone/voice mail system.  How does it get the address of the DNS server it uses?  What DNS server is it using?  Or are you hard coding in the IP address shown in your TELNET example?

In your position, I would continue the SMTP session by typing the HELO command, then the "MAIL FROM", "RCPT TO" and "DATA" commands (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/153119), and seeing if your little test gets anywhere.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

You are correct, the file is being sent from the voice mail system.  In the software for the voice mail I input the IP address of the gmail server (173.194.64.108) and send it out on port 25.  I also input all the relevant data valid email address of my gmail account with the appropriate password.  Sending out with encryption required using TLS. 

For the DNS servers I am using:

DNS 1: 8.8.8.8

DNS 2: 8.8.4.4

The errors that I spoke of earlier came from the telnet session which monitors what is going on in the voice mail.  The phone system is using the IP 192.168.31.199.  Using the telnet session I tye telnet 192.168.1.199 with the appropriate login and password for the Samsung system.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I am having the same problem.  Can you help?

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

What are you trying to do

Sent from my iPhone

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

@fkubacak wrote:

You are correct, the file is being sent from the voice mail system.  In the software for the voice mail I input the IP address of the gmail server (173.194.64.108) and send it out on port 25.  I also input all the relevant data valid email address of my gmail account with the appropriate password.  Sending out with encryption required using TLS. 

For the DNS servers I am using:

DNS 1: 8.8.8.8

DNS 2: 8.8.4.4

The errors that I spoke of earlier came from the telnet session which monitors what is going on in the voice mail.  The phone system is using the IP 192.168.31.199.  Using the telnet session I tye telnet 192.168.1.199 with the appropriate login and password for the Samsung system.

I'm wondering... you're getting a good response on port 25 manually with TELNET, and I don't know anyone good enough to do a TLS connection with TELNET.  I'm thinking you should try port 25 with TLS off.

I'm confused by what you mean " telnet session which monitors what is going on in the voice mail."  By this you mean that you have a TELNET session on your PC which is perpetually connected to the Voice Mail server and displays logs of events?  

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

Removed the encryption and got the same error.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry,  yes the telnet session just monitors the voice mail session.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.