Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help connecting your router?
silverbeowoulf's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:30 PM

Uverse is blocking my outbound SMTP email

I know I have seen posts before on this and I do not want to hijack other threads about this. If an AT&T community manager can help me out and get the outbound SMTP port opened it would be great because the tech support people are telling me I need to go to a paid provider to get this accomplished.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I am also needing outbound SMTP unblocked. What steps do I take to have this done?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I had this same issue and had Uverse support unblock over the phone (after several calls) and it was working great.  Now it is not working anymore.  I have sent a PM to ATTU-verseCare to have them check to make sure I'm still un-blocked.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

we are new to att uverse too and also having trouble sening email (receiving is fine) thru outlook.  Please help.  Thank you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I would like to have the Administrator unblock port 25 from my UVerse. I scan documents and I can't get them in email with out the port unblocked.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

AT&T blocks port 25 outbound as a matter of course.  You can request that they unblock it by clicking this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three. Speed things up by including your Billing Account Number, and the best time and way to reach you.

You may also investigate whether your host will take secured SMTP traffic on another channel.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Keep in mind, even after unblocking port 25, if you are on a residential IP range it may still be blocked on the receiving end unless you use an email relay server; I know both GoDaddy and Craigslist do so (found out the hard way).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the SAME issue... Need to have port 25 unblocked ASAP.

Please assist!

Walter A.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

They supposedly removed the SMTP filter on port 25, but still can not connect to it.  You have any ideas?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

10 years ago

Have you tried executing PING SmtpServerName and/or TELNET SmtpServerName 25 from a CMD line?  What results did you get?  If you have a recent version of Windows (i.e. 7+), you may have to install TELNET client to use it.

Mentor

• 

92 Messages

10 years ago

I have done that and can now ping it using a telnet session.  But it will still not let traffic pass.  I even went to the Direct Connect people paid the charge and they could not get it to work.  There reply was U-verse was blocking it. I thought they were u-verse.....

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.