For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help connecting your router?
mrg5000's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014 4:57 PM

Uverse Blocking SMTP port 25

We have a small business account and Uverse is blocking Port 25. WE are strictly locked down for relaying, we need to be able to send mail out. How can we get it unlocked ? I know this is possibel and we need assistance. 

Thank you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Currently having this same issue on Port 25. Have ran a myriad of tests, spoke with a few U-Verse representatives. Would like to get this resolved as our business is currently unable to function without outbound port 25 open.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @tlandrycentre,

We have received your message and look forward to working with you on this issue.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'd like to have smtp unblocked

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I also would like to have port 25 unblocked.

This is a business account. PM sent with necessary information.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @jennynam

We have received your private message and look forward to helping you with this. 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Not everyone knows how to use a different port or what ports are available. Port 25 is the default, so many people are seeing this issue. It would be helpful to mention changing the port as a free option, and it would be great if there was some documentation available.

I use Windows Mail, and I had the same issue -- trying to send email over default port 25, which is blocked. To resolve the issue, I switched to port 587, which seems to be working just fine and did not cost extra. I got the idea to switch to port 587 from this Windows forum.

I hope this helps others quickly resolve the issue on their own with no extra charge.

Screenshot below shows where I changed my setting in Windows Mail. Go to Accounts > Properties > Advanced. Manually type in a different port number. 587 seems to be working for me, which I got from the Windows forum linked above.

Email port ATT.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I tried calling customer service to get my Port 25 opened. They could not help and wanted to send me to advanced customer support and charge me $49!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Try switching your mail client to use a different port. Port 587 is a common alternative SMTP port. How you change ports depends on what mail client you use (e.g. Windows Mail).

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I am going to just get Google Fiber then none of this will matter. I have a
home media system and Uverse just doesn't want you accessing those things
from outside the network because they don't want to have to give you the
proper speeds you pay for.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

yup! me too. Some non english speaking person just had no clue what I was
talking about

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.