Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
secwarren's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 7:57 PM

Samsung Smart TV cannot connect to Uverse wifi

My Samsung smart TV is unable to connect to my Uverse wifi, my father is having the same problem at his home. Just started in the last week. Any suggestions? The TV can see the wifi signal but cannot connect.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just changed the time zone, that worked like charm.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Make sure you are signed in and have an account with Samsung.  I found out a couple of days ago they did an update and I was signed out of my Samsung account.  Go to tools and then to smart hub and make sure you are signed in.  A lot of the apps won't work unless you have a Samsung account and are signed it.  The account is free.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Just installed AT&T U Verse and could not connect to the internat via TVs (Samsung). I can see and connect to the AT&T router but will not connect out to the internet. I have (3) Samsung TV's and finally was able to fix the problem, Resolution - in order to connect to the internet it must resolve (connect) to specifically to Google. Note that the Google DNS is 8.8.8.8. This must be set up and entered "manually" on your Samsung Smart TV; if you do not have a "Smart TV" and you have a Samsung DVD player that is internet compatiable then the DNS has to be set up on the DVD player Network setting. So Smart TV set up the DNS on the TV Network Setting ....if not a Smart TV then set up the DNS address on the DVD player network setting. For both types go into the NetWork Setting option....set to "Manual" and then enter the DNS  8.8.8.8 (this is the Google defined DNS). Once you complete the TVs can now connect to the Internet. It worked for all three of my Samsung TV's.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I tried everything on his post and nothing worked. I finally went to my iPhone and looked at the Wi-Fi IP numbers and DNS numbers. I found that the last three digits of the DNS did not match what was on my TV network protocol. I changed the numbers on my TV and now it works great.

On my TV remote I clicked menu, scrolled down to set up then clicked on network
found network set up , and made sure that it showed my Internet name
Verify the numbers against the number showing on the same Wi-Fi on your iPhone. . You can get to the numbers on your iPhone by going to Wi-Fi and clicking on your Wi-Fi information button. It should tell you what the DNS is.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thank you to feeling the power. I put in the 208.67.222.222 Yay! I am finally connected to the Internet on my Samsung smart TV.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

This worked for me today, Thank you!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

I have a 2013 Samsung e490 series 51" 3D Plasma TV (last ones, sad) and the DNS 8.8.8.8. did the trick for me on UVerse.  I spent 2 days on the phone with Samsung Tech support (India I assume from the dope tech's name) and they were completely and totally CLUELESS to the issue, let alone the fix.

I love my Samsung 3D TV, but I've had better help from Sony on my newer 50" Bravia LED LCD when asking for help or advice.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I'm not getting my Uverse wireless internet on my Samsung either.  I can't change the DNS because when I get to the "checking for a wireless network" screen, it just "thinks" for a little while and then goes back to the Smart Hub screen.  I am so frustrated.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Did you try the post of "feelthepower" it worked for my problem.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I can't get past the "checking for wireless networks" screen.  So, I'm not able to choose a network or change the DNS number.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.