For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
shuck1's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016 4:12 AM

[PACE5268AC] [NEST Gen 3] Nest loses connection on 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios

Back in May I switched over to Gigafast internet service, I noticed that when I moved my GEN 3 Nest Thermostats over to the 5268AC Gateway that every few days they would lose connection and I could no longer see them on my account.

When I was connecting to my ASUS RT‑AC68U that I never saw any issues with wireless connection on that router.

I see this on both my 2.4GHz and my 5GHz radios, does anyone know of a solution out there that will resolve this issue I am growing impatient of constantly resetting the thermostats to reconnect back to the 5268AC Gateway.

Once the connection drops it will not reconnect back to the Gateway and has to be manually set back up.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

8 years ago

The issue at hand definitely resides within the Gateway. While my testing has proven that it will work with my ASUS router, I would like to get a fix for the Gateway and not simply ignore the problem by using a competing vendors product.

Now if AT&T is willing to set the modem into bridge mode, and I mean a true Full Bridge mode like the CLI commands I am looking at right now say I can do, then sure I have no problem going back to my ASUS router.

@ATTCares,

So let me say this to AT&T again, if you would like help from a wireless engineer, I will collect the logging you need to help solve this issue. If not then I would love it if you would bridge my Gateway so I can use equipment that works

Regards,

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Any updates on this? I am having the exact same issue. I even tried to use my own router in a DMZ as described above, but that had a whole lot of other issues due to the lack of a true bridge option.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Im having the exact same issue with nest. Have not yet tried hooking up a third party router, but would really like to avoid it! I have to reconnect the nest every few days ever since ATT came out and installed a 5268AC

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.