Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
rschultz11's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, October 20th, 2015 1:58 AM

Apple Airplay no longer working

I recently upgraded from DSL to U-verse and now Airplay does not work on any of my Airplay enabled devices.  I have tried contacting AT&T support and they were not useful.  Does anybody have a solution?

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @rschultz11,

We apologize about the issues you are having with your Apple Airplay, but we will be glad to help. You may just need to open some ports on your U-verse gateway to get it working. The easiest way to do this is set the device in DMZ of Passthrough mode. Below are posts that go over it. Just choose the gateway that matches the one you have.

The instructions go over setting up another router, but you can apply this towards any devices.

-ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

The instructions appear as though they are for reconfiguring the 2Wire router to be a bridge to an airport router.  I do not have an airport router.  I would still like to use the 2Wire router provided with my uverse service.  Airplay is embedded into two of my receivers, which is no longer working.  What should I do?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

9 years ago

Have you gone to each receiver and re-run the setup process since you got the U-verse Gateway?  Unless you set the Gateway up with the same SSID and other wireless security parameters as before, they're still looking for your old Wireless router, which is apparently gone and replaced with the U-verse Gateway.

Go to each and treat them like you're putting them on your home network for the first time.  Do the same for your phone (if you haven't already).  Then retry your Airplay.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Both receivers are hard wired into the network, so they didn't require specific set-up before.  I reset the receiver in hope that would work by resetting the IP address, but that didn't work either.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I followed the directions provided using the receiver as a router as suggested and not only did it not work, but it whiped out my internet access.  Another night wasted.  Not sure where to go from here.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

What type of device are the receivers? I don't understand how they can be hard wired into the network. Isn't AirPlay used to stream content wirelessly from one device to another? What device are you streaming from? Please describe your networked Set up and devices. Have you tried restarting your rg?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

9 years ago

@browndk26 wrote:
What type of device are the receivers? I don't understand how they can be hard wired into the network. Isn't AirPlay used to stream content wirelessly from one device to another? What device are you streaming from? Please describe your networked Set up and devices. Have you tried restarting your rg?

IIRC, AirPlay can run on an AdHoc network, so if your devices are Wi-Fi and connected to an access point or router, then your iOS device connected to the same network can get to the device.  If the device is wired into the same LAN as the access point or router, that's the same thing.

It sounds like his devices aren't connecting to the Gateway at all, they're not getting DHCP service to get IP addresses.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

They are Yamaha rx-v573 receivers.  I can actually see the receivers connected to the network via the uverse admin screen.  I have tried opening up that particular device as suggested by ATT and it did not work either.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

rschultz11,

If you lost the ability to connect to your network after making these changes you can factory reset the gateway to return the settings back to default. Then access the settings to your devices and remove any old network information and try connecting to your network again.

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I did that and got back online.  Still baffeled by the airplay issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.