Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
caffdawg's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, January 21st, 2017 6:44 PM

Internet Ready Home -- extra port does not have internet.

We recently had a technician come and install AT&T Fiber to our internet ready home. I asked if the install would include activating the rest of the ports in the house, and he said no, but asked how many I was looking to set up. I just said one for my Xbox in the living room, and he said he'd feed a connection from the router back to the panel and it would work. Before he left, he reminded me which port I should be connecting the XB1 to for the extra port, and I answered correctly. Unfortunately, at that time, I did not have anything to actual test the connection on the extra port, so I assumed it worked.

After moving in, I went to connect the XB1 to the port that he said would have internet, and it didn't connect. Is there anything that I can do to add the internet to the port?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

@ApexRon

Sorry about that -- let me know if this works:

https://goo.gl/photos/LAC7oTdQCWF7ZgZP6

I see SUTTLE SAM-V8M when looking at the HUB. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

It looks like that patch panel in your wiring closet is setup for home use, not data.  Zooming in on the picture it looks the pin out matches this wiring instead of something like Ethernet wiring.  This would cause the lack of ethernet at the port if he took the one end and pinned it for ethernet, but the left the other end pinned for phone.If you hold the RJ45 end with the little prong facing down you should be able to look at the order of the wiries to confirm how it is pinned.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

@ApexRon

I bought a switch like you mentioned and that did the trick. I just hooked it all up to it, connected the XB1 to the desired port, and it worked! Thank you -- I just moved into this apartment and had no experience with an "internet ready" home, so didn't have clue on what to look for in the panel or anything. Super appreciate it. Also, thank you for your time and patience! Cheers!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.