Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
GEWATS's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, May 6th, 2016 6:15 PM

Ok help

1st microcell activates; no or hardly no cell phone connection. 
2nd microcell never completes activation.

1st microcell's IP reply is "Destination host unreachable"
2nd microcell get an expected nominal reply for its IP.

ATT support and online docs tell me i need UDP 123,500,4500, TCP 443.  i ask why?  i run none of these services inside that need incoming so I must assume this MicroCell run these ports?  If so, that's odd.

I have a gateway G1100 via VRZN.  Don't really like but whatever. 
For the life of me I can figure why I can't get these ports open.  Port forwarding I set.

TCP Any -> 443
UDP Any -> 123
UDP Any -> 500
UDP Any -> 4500

See somewhere an MTU 1492, router's at 1500 so...really?
I also can't find the packet fragmentation switch in this router either. Appears there's not one.

I have reset both M-Cells more than once.  Been throught the activation process more than thrice.
Power cycled either about as may times also. 

I'm probably leaving something out but I'm now ready to fold on this. 

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

I had a 68 Camaro.  Put a 400 cu. in. small block in it with an Edelbrock Torker manifold, Holley 600 cfm 4 barrel carb, Cyclone headers with dual Flowmaster low-restriction mufflers, 3/4 racing cam, Muncie close-ratio 4-speed manual transmission with a Hurst T-bar shifter, 12 bolt Posi rear end with 4.11 gears (switched to 3.33 later).

That car got me enough tickets to prompt the State of Oregon to send me a letter threatening to send me to driving school if I didn't shape up.  I finally sold the car to a friend for his kid.  He wrecked it shortly there after.  Sad....

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

And it didn't have an 8-track player in it.....Smiley Tongue

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

@Avedis53 wrote:

And it didn't have an 8-track player in it.....Smiley Tongue

I take it you're back now Smiley Wink Stories to be told about my 8-track but that's beyond the purpose of this forum Smiley Sad

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I was reading this, mostly because I was looking at the "trending" stuff on wireless (just coming back to AT&T, and get lots of help from other forums, mostly programming and device level stuff, so I like looking/helping around here when I've got some cycles...).

Anyway, did you ever try an external port forward check?

There are lots of (reputable) sites out there that will do this for you, and you can check it either by looking at your router logs (sometimes need to be enabled), or by forwarding to a known machine where you can check them.

I've fiddled a lot with all kinds of explicit (vs implicit, hopefully for the microcell, I don't have one) forwards for my NAS, my VOIP solution, and the odd way I've got my topology set up, on a 3-layer switch to sandbox some of my traffic, and keep things like a Microcell and other IoT "marginal" devices where they belong.

I've found these to be invaluable, when I'm really scratching my head, often I can use one of these to ferret out the port issue.

Also, maybe I just missed it, but why not just switch out your router?  If you're running FIOS, that's not an issue, they don't have a problem with another router, they'll provision just fine to your fiber connection.

By getting a "known quantity" router, you'd be removing that part of the equation too.  I tossed my Frontier router in the back of a closet, when they insisted on leaving it...

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

Switching out the router is something that we suggest, but a lot of users are reluctant to do that.

The "needs" of the MicroCell are very basic but meeting those needs are sometimes beyond the capabilities of some users. The MicroCell used to be a simple to setup, but ISP requirements, equipment provided, home LAN needs have changed.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

8 years ago

Not really reluctant, just bored with the whole thing. Clearly this RTR is useless here.  I've had degraded 3G for quite sometime so no real hurry. Got other issue more pressing.  And ultimately i figure the responsiblity lies elsewhere for the price I pay even though I know they don't control tower locations.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.