For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
rolshan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 8:36 PM

iPhone 6 Not Working on Microcell

I recieved two iPhone 6's today as upgrades. The iPhones they replaced had no issue connecting ot the Microcell. Even though the phone number of the iPhone 6's are provisioned with the Microcell, they have failed to connect for over 3 hours. I have tried rebooting the phones and Microcell, which did not resolve the issue.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you! This worked for me.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I just removed an old phone number from the authorized list, Saved, cycled Airplane Mode, and I was done.

Apparently you just have to change something - anything - to force the system to refresh. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Deleting one phone number, then restarting my phone did the trick for me. 

Kind of annoying, but rather simple once I stumbled on it. 

Scholar

• 

133 Messages

10 years ago

I turned off my iphone 6.  Unplugged the microcell for 5 minutes.  Let the microcell "boot-up" for 10 mins.  Turned on my iphone 6 and approx 2 mins later it found the microcell.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

With regard to urging people to be patient, I agree maye 5 on a scale of 1-7, where 7 would be strongly agree.

What I think would have been easier would have been a boldfaced link to a list of solutions published by AT&T on every entry page into their accounts that a personal or business wireless user sees when they first log on. If "there are bound to be problems with any new phone," then AT&T must know that too, by now..

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

I can appreciate your sentiment but given the millions of AT&T users, a small percentage of whom have MicroCell's, that's just not easily doable. I've been after them for years to put a "Status" link at the top of this forum but they won't do it, for various reasons, some good and some bogus. That's the point of these forums wit the Forum Administrators and those of us who are designtated as ACE's. There isn't one universal fix for every situtation so we post what we can once we can verify a "fix". iOS 8 is a bit different than the previous version and it probably took the AT&T side of things a while to register the new IMSI/IMEI codes so that the MicroCell mobility network recognized the phones. Prior testing can only do so much and, if Apple, did some last minute tweaks to OS...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

I also appreciate your position and that's why I said I agree with you, more than halfway. Nonetheless, if you know you're about to sell miilions of phones and, therefore, a significant number of your registered MicroCell users are likely to need a little handholding (for some, with no home landline, being cut off from phone communication for 24 hours might be more than a little annoyance). I'd wager that if they were (I'm making thus up, of course) initiating or increasing a monthly charge for Microcell users, they'd have found a way to email them. In other words, I don't believe this is a black or white -- too massive to have done anything vs have a list of every conceivable solution -- especially since many on this chat site seem to have successfully used one particular work around, discovered by one user. My daughter used to beta-test phones and phone-related products for AT&T and, statistically, it's highly likely that a sample of 100 phones trying to connect the new iPhone 6 to existing microcells would have revealed more than a couple of problems and possible solutions, in advance. Just depends on how determined a company is to limit customer distress. Bottom line, for me, though, as I said in another post, is that AT&T worked very well with me and had me up and running in one 10 minute phone call -- after midnight -- by remotely resetting my old MicroCell. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

I agree. As an ACE, I have been given some oppotunities to see what goes on behind the screen on some issues. Believe me, the Forum Admins and a lot of Customer Support would love to see things handled differently on a lot of issues. But as with all major corporations, a lot of decisions are made by the suits who are very far removed from the day to day. That's why I was nominated to be an ACE. I was so fed up with the MicroCell support years ago when I got my first unit that I decided to find out as much as I could about its operation and then help out here because support couldn't. A couple of years later that led to my creating and posting the Technical Guide. Sort of the missing owners manual. We ACEs are strictly volunteer and are not AT&T employees so we can be a little freer in our opinions about AT&T than employess can. I am very glad though that you took the time to post a basically positive review on your Support experience. Most people who come here are very negative so we try to run interference and help out where we can. My partner in crime, Avedis53, is also very knowledgable about the MicroCell and, like me, has an iPhone so between the two of us, we can usually solve a lot of issues. If not, we can find the answers in most cases. We are always here if any issues come up and you can always PM me if you don't want to post.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I would have to say that this is the place to come to if first-level tech support's "power cycle the Mcell" mantra doesn't solve your problem.  While we aren't AT&T employees, there is a significant knowledge base here on this forum that we have generated over time and we've been able to help most people who have become frustrated with AT&T phone support and have ended up here as a last resort.

Otto and I try our best to investigate and solve the many quirks that the Mcell presents to users.  It is a curious beast that can try the patience of a saint.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi All,

danieldrago's solution worked for our two iPhone 6's, BUT ONLY TEMPORARILY. A day later now, and neither the Account Holder (ATT Tech Support had to recreate and re-register it to 3G MicroCell) nor the Additional Device (added new and re-named by us to get connected) will connect.

So, the trick that worked, now fails. A legacy BlackBerry continues to connect without a hitch.

What next??

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.