For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
rolshan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 19th, 2014 8:36 PM

iPhone 6 Not Working on Microcell

I recieved two iPhone 6's today as upgrades. The iPhones they replaced had no issue connecting ot the Microcell. Even though the phone number of the iPhone 6's are provisioned with the Microcell, they have failed to connect for over 3 hours. I have tried rebooting the phones and Microcell, which did not resolve the issue.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

when I log in to my AT&T wireless premier business account, I see no option to select MicroCell

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks for all the great tips! It worked in a couple of minutes:

1) I simply shortened my "nickname" as my number was the admin number and could not be deleted.

2) For good measure, I deleted a number of a device no longer being used.

3) I rebooted my iPhone 6 and voila! Got the MicroCell mark again. 😉

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Well Danieldrago, your solution worked like a charm for me!  Smiley LOL

Can't thank you enough!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Thanks so much, this worked great for me! Actually I only had to delete and add back in one phone number and then recycle airplane mode worked!

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

this is what at last worked fo me with my 6.

i too was on the phone with a very nice lady from support for about an hour last night and the last thing she had me try was deactivating the microcell from the account and reactivating aftrer about 90 min last night the activatoin failed the last stage so i left it and went to bed.

this morning reactivating went through in about 10 min.

i then tried the things support had me do first last night such as airplane mode on and off and restarting the phone all with no joy after several tries at each,

i then came here to this thread and edited the name on the user on my microcell account page and its working just fine...

this seems to be the needed fix for this problem with some of us needing to also reactivate our microcell

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hello! I have tried everything in this thread, from turning on and off the phone, unplugging the microcell, adding/deleting users, cycling airplaine mode...you name it i have tried it! And my iPhone 6 still wont connnect along with my wifes iPhone 5S that was working fine. What a bummber and cell service is really bad in my area.

Any other help or suggestions would be great!

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

10 years ago

Chillinw11,

Have you tried changing the nickname of your iPhone 6 in the MCell settings page?  Try that and let us know if that fixes it.

Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I tried that as well from logging in on my MacBook and that did not work either. I was on hold for over 30 min and had to head in to work so I was forced to finally hang up. I'm not tech savvy by any means but usually I can figure things out with a bit of searching, this has me stumped though. 😕

Sent from my iPhone

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

@sfcharlie wrote:

when I log in to my AT&T wireless premier business account, I see no option to select MicroCell

myATT is where you find the MicroCell Activation page and your account information if you've previoulsy registered a MicroCell.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

10 years ago

FWIW, I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8.0. The the whole process took about 20 minutes from start to finish. During the update process, there was an AT&T Network Update dialog box that appeared asking me if I wanted to update. I said yes and the update proceeded smoothly. Once my iPhone rebooted after the update, my phone immediately connected to the MicroCell and all was well.

It could be that with the iPhone 6 already coming with iOS 8 installed, the AT&T Network Update is a bit different or missing and it's going to take AT&T awhile to push out or fix, whatever the issue is. There are features of the iPhone 6 that AT&T hasn't implemented yet which may also require an update to be pushed to the MicroCell's. This is a new phone and OS so give it time folks. There are always bound to be issues on new releases.

As to the poster above with the iPhone 5S losing connectivity, that's a different issue but we'd need a bit more information to try and troubleshoot that one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.