Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
petey123's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 5:20 PM

Closed

What's the best IPhone 7 deal out there? (Free iPhone 7 with Trade-In)

A couple of years ago when the IPhone 6 came out, a lot of vendors were offering perks for getting the IPhone with AT&T through them. Even AT&T was offereing kickbacks per each line signed on. Now I don't see much if anything. It seems if I get a phone through the Next plan the monthly installment is the same and it wouldn't matter if I ordered it from AT&T or Best Buy or Costco. Has anyone seen anything from a particular source that might be worthwhile purchasing a phone from?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I completed a form to trade in my device but now I don't want to trade it in anymore. Is it possible to cancel this before everything is shipped

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello I seen you have the iPhone 7 for 0$ I have a iPhone 6s Plus works and everything could I get it for trading in my iPhone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have an iPhone 6 right now and I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. If I were to do the exchange for $650 in credits, would I be able to get the 128 GB iPhone 7 and keep my UDP?

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

If we are under a 2 year contract can I get the deal for $0 down on iPhone 7 ?

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @Amberkeith,

Information on how to do the trade-in offer are available here: https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

Per that, the phone must be fully paid off, so that would disqualify a phone under a two year commitment. There was a press-release that said you could pay off the ETF to be able to do it, but I'm not sure how valid that is.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

How can I trust this trade in offer for my iphone 6 when buying a new iphone 7 if all forms show a $0 trade value, mention the trade $ will be sent on a prepaid card and there is not a single reference of the $650 besides on the instructions. Also 4 or 5 agents on customer service over the phone and chat advised me to just put my old iphone 6 on the box I received the iphone 7 and use the return label that came in the box. This would probably result in a complete loss of my phone with no money back. It is an absurd how ATT does not give the customer service representatives the full information on new offers. Also it says I can take my phone to a store for the trade in credit even if the iphone 7 was bought online but the stores are telling me they can not take a trade in for a sale that was not a store sale.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

At this point we can't recommend the trade in until we see some fine tuning of the offer.  

Not only is the original offer and the website directions differerent, but the website completely undermines the "free" offer as originally worded.

I suggest you hold off for a couple of days then ask again.  We are waiting for some kind of clarification from AT&T

Read these, and see why we are saying "What?!?!?!?!"

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1180261

As opposed to this....

image.png

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was wondering if you trade in an iPhone 6 can you get the iPhone 7 plus

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

Yes. Your credit is limited to $650, though, so a 7 plus won't quite be free. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I still have the grandfathered unlimited data plan. A ATT customer service rep told me was that only 1 phone would qualify for the $650 dollar credit on a shared plan.But there's nothing in writing that states a minimum single line or shared plan does not qualify for the $650 x 2. Although this is a confusing time for ATT and its customers. There is always 2 sides. BUT IM KEEPING MINE GRANDFATHERED UNLIMITED DATA without changing to UVERSE or DIRECT TV. Lollll I am not touching nothing till I get a solid piece of paper that's states I am getting a credit effective 1-1-2017 or something like that. I can just imagine the customer services calls and Bill adjustments and credits ATT will be receiving also the stores . This will be interesting. And from what I'm reading some sales reps are what's called STACKING DATA services on bills to improve sales quotas and putting it back on the customers to call in and have customer care adjust this .
READ ANS ASK QUESTIONS to all these reps..
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.