Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
gonesoon's profile

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, February 4th, 2018 9:53 PM

Looks like I am another victim of the AT&T BOGO SCAM Fraud

Be wary of this scam!  I have not only been a loyal AT&T customer for many years, and a directv customer as  well... but now they have gotten me.  I added a line for a family member, and bought a nice new Iphone 7 for them, and upgraded a current phone on my account to an iphone 7plus... the iphone 7 was supposed to be free, and I was supposed to start receiving credits after 3 months... after 3 months they continued to charge me... when I called them they tell me I was not eligible so I will have to pay for the phone... this is a $700 dollar scam!  I tried over and over to call ATT to get someone that would have some sense about them and the offer, and I continued to get only rude responses.  It has been an expensive lesson to me.  Funny thing is that I know 3 other people personally that have been bitten by the same ATT BOGO scam.  It appears from the online responses that this is an ongoing issue for ATT and that they seem to be burning alot of people with this BOGO SCAM.  AS a result I have cancelled my directv service, and as soon as I pay off this ridiculous phone that was supposed to be free... I will be leaving ATT as well.  Again... be wary... they got me too.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

Good!   Wasn’t so bad.   Att has 30 days to respond. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@gonesoon

Sending nasty private messages is not cool.  

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

You are obviously employed by ATT... this is supposed to be a community forum... just another att lie ... I’ve spoken with enough att liars on the phone, don’t need you responding to my posts with your lies too...

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

@gonesoon

I am not now, or have ever been employed by ATT or any other carrier.  Employees are clearly identified under their screen name.   Employees can post in the community too.   Their screen names appear in dark orange and it clearly says ‘employee’.    

• 

8 Messages

Lizdance40.  How much are they paying you to try and discredit everyone who has a problem with the the AT&T phone scam business?

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

6 years ago

@gonesoon You can believe what you want, but people don't have to be employed by AT&T to know facts and point them out. Your hatred of a company because they're holding you to an agreement you signed doesn't change that.

• 

8 Messages

Another AT&T paid customer discreditor.  The scam continues......2020...

Mentor

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

You don’t know me or my situation... I am an honest hardworking individual and did everything as per the agreement that I saw and signed... so you don’t know what you are talking about.. {keep it courteous}... fact is I got robbed, and others have as well... just making sure everyone knows of the crime that att has committed...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Me too: Oct 4, 2018.

Placed the BOGO order on Oct 2. Went to pick up the phones and now the ATT store rep says that I have to add DirectTV and Internet to be eligible for the BOGO. This is after I placed and order. He did not tell me of any such requirement when I was placing the order. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Same issue here with me and my BOGO offers for iPhone 8s.  AT&T is not willing to honor promotion and will not give me the BOGO.  Moving off AT&T as soon as I can, both cell phones and DirectTV.

If this is how they train employees, I don't want to be on this network anymore.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. BBB contacted me back
in a very timely manner & admitted that AT&T was in the wrong and they did
provide the credit that was owed to me. If I wouldn't have reported them, I
do not feel that this would have ever been handled.

• 

8 Messages

We have told all of our friends and family about our scam.  We have also posted it on Facebook and are contacting the Better Business Bureau.  We are not going to do do business with a scammer company.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was scammed by the AT&T BOGO scam also. Their representatives will promise you everything to make a sale. I am very disappointed with the lack of integrity the company exhibits. My story is very similar to the ones above. I plan to leave AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.