Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
bimmergirl's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 9th, 2016 8:04 AM

Closed

iPhone 7 Order Confirmation and Status

was able to pre-order with no problem.. then after a few minutes got an email that order was not processed. but its says that its still pending ... did anyone get this confirmation email?

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Now my order say pending shipment ohh lord 

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

8 years ago

Also, to follow up on cousintim's response, and since everyone goes through the same process every time there's a preorder, here's what typically happens:

1. If you get into the "first wave" of preorders (which usually isn't true for you except for the first maybe 5 - 30 minutes of the initial preorder window), you'd likely have shipments out of China (all preorders are coming from China, mind you, where geographic in-store stock is typically already sent out or is quarantined until Sept 16) by Sept 16.

2. For those of us with estimated shipping dates of 9/23-9/30, I'd peg that to be the "second wave" of shipments, and those dates will become firm once AT&T (in this case) associates your inventory tag with the actual product ordered. Technically, because I only know past historical stats, this time frame could still be for a "first wave," again, inventory depending.

3. For those who got suckered -- er, sold -- on the Jet Black iPhone 7 (you just couldn't resist the bling factor, could you?), it's likely that if you ordered some hours after preorders began, you may not be seeing your device until closer Halloween or even Thanksgiving. Yet, in reality, I should be nicer to you fine folks who went that route -- it allowed those of us simply wanting a matte black color to get ours sooner 🙂

4. When your specific device actually ships, my understanding is that's when you're eligible to be charged for it, depending on how you bought the device. We went with a Next-based financing opton; since AT&T only requires sales tax charge on reserve, any additional monies charged are what you put down for the device.

5. If I recall from two years ago when my wife and I ordered the iPhone 6 Plus through AT&T, our actual installment plan didn't begin until we formally activated the device to supersede our then-current iPhone.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

8 years ago

"2. For those of us with estimated shipping dates of 9/23-9/30, I'd peg that to be the "second wave" of shipments, and those dates will become firm once AT&T (in this case) associates your inventory tag with the actual product ordered. Technically, because I only know past historical stats, this time frame could still be for a "first wave," again, inventory depending."

This is my estimated shipping date, but my order was processed at 12:03 AM PST.  Really surprised I didn't make it in that first wave since it was in 3 minutes after orders opened.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I preordered the iphone 7 Friday morning around 7am and have still not received any confirmation or order #. However I do have a $1 holding charge on my credit card. I have called e-commerce 3 times now and each time they tell me there system is still behind and to wait another 24hrs. The first time I called they said it would not take more than 48hrs, which it has been now. All I want to know is did my order go through and if not why not?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Same thing here, but  I got the email the next day that there was an issue.  Called (spent 40 minutes on hold) and they told me that the Find My iPhone was still enabled (well, yeah) and it needed to be turned off to process the new order.  Where was that nugget on the order entry page?  Then they told me the order needed to be canceled and reentered, to which I angrily reacted that it would cause me to lose my spot (to be delivered on 9/16).  No, I was told, we can put you back in line - you won't lose your spot, I promise.  So, she cancels, replaces my order and, low and behold, it's now out into November!  Not happy, I told her that this is what I was afraid would happen.  "It takes the system a few hours to update, but it will revert back to your previous promise date", I was told.  I then asked to speak to a supervisor, because I knew I'd been lied to, and the call was misteriously disconnected.  I called back later, finally got a manager, and was told that I was misinformed by the agent and there was NOTHING they could do.  I told them I was going to change carriers and they said, well, that's my choice.  I said, "so, you're just going to hang up and let me change?"  And she told me that there was nothing she could do and was ery sorry.  Guys - this is TERRIBLE - I am changing to another carrier on Monday.  Ridiculous.  Even though it will cost me, I'm doing it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

i placed my ATT pre order for the iphone 7 plus black on September 9th at 10:10am and got a shipping estimate date of Sep 23-30 does anyone have an earlier ship date from ATT?

Mentor

• 

56 Messages

8 years ago

cue180: Not totally surprised. However, at this point, it's now about deliveries. Just got this in this morning: http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/11/iphone-7-plus-orders-shipping/

Former Employee

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

I ordered matte black at 9am Friday and mine is shipping to be here on the 16th. Order status says preparing to ship

Former Employee

• 

18 Messages

8 years ago

Also, just looked on AT&T's site and several of the 7s are still able to be ordered to delivered on the 16th.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

8 years ago

Is att using ups or fedex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.