Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
stevensh1's profile

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Explorer

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

I agree it's unacceptable.  If the devices are backordered then our shipment statuses should state "Backordered" not "In progress, preparing for shipment" I rate my AT&T preorder experience an F-

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm going to chime in for all the BB pre-orders. I have pre-ordered limited edition games from best buy in the past and never recieved them. I get promised and guaranteed that yes they have enough inventory and they won't oversell but every time they do. I usually end up gettng my money back and going elsewhere for the games. That's just my two cents with the BB pre-order process.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I talked with a local Best Buy employee at lunch today and he told me that they have their shipment in and were "sorting" it. He could not confirm or deny if they had any 128gig iPhone 6s+  but after talking a couple of minutes, he did say to keep my order with AT&T. My interpretation was don't wait in line at Best Buy on Friday to get it. If my shipping dates don't change to this week (from 10/16-10/23), I will be standing in line at AT&T this Friday (probably most of the night). I did it last year and got the last 128gig iPhone 6+ they had (only 5 were shipped). BTW: My order was confirmed 3 minutes before 12:00am pst.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

@xmike wrote:

I agree it's unacceptable.  If the devices are backordered then our shipment statuses should state "Backordered" not "In progress, preparing for shipment" I rate my AT&T preorder experience an F-

For about 20 minutes after i received the order confirmation text my status said "back ordered". Then the pre-authorization was placed on my credit card and the status became in process. Until the 25th comes and goes you won't know if it's back ordered or if it's being shipped. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Just spoke to a AT&T representative and apparently there was only 100 iphone 6s+ availble for preorder that will be shipped on the release day. All orders after that will be will be shipped in the second batch which is why we all have the Oct 16-23 ship dates.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

9 years ago

I would love to see a collective message of all those I just got off the phone/chat with an att rep and they said this.  I don't think there are two stories alike...it's beyond laughable.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe they should have made the same announcement as last year - No iPhone 6+ preorders. If there are only 100, I think that is a bad business decision. The main reason I am having a problem this year with the dates is that those dates overlap with my vacation (out of town). And I am giving my old iPhone to my son during that vacation. So that means that I will probably be camping out Thursday night/Friday morning. At least they have external power outlets as the AT&T store and wifi I can connect to... Maybe I can get some work done 🙂

Mentor

• 

80 Messages

9 years ago

The crazy thing to me is that of all the talk about getting better prepared to deal with demand for the iPhone this year they only thought 100 people would preorder through ATT the 12 different configurations? I understand the 100 isn't probably accurate but this whole issue of worry over supply that there is a possibility no one gets one is unthinkable. Surely they figured there would be demand. It would behoove them to take a count each year of those with unfulfilled preorders and those walking away without a phone on launch and use that to gauge demand the next year with a percent bump. That would definitely alieviate a lot of the supply issues.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

9 years ago

I am going to get more details on the Apple program for next year. I am one the Next program and paid off my phones 2 weeks ago knowing that I was going to pre-order. I purchase the AppleCare+ instead of the ATT warranty. I usually sell my old phones and having the AppleCare+ on them helps my resell value. If I can continue to do that with the Apple plan, I will probably do that next year and not order thru AT&T. I really don't care about color as I have a case on my all the time. I would really like to know when anyone on this forum starts getting tracking numbers for their iPhone 6s+ 64/128gig and what their shipping dates.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

9 years ago

I'm fascinated to believe the moderators of this discussion board for AT&T haven't realized at this point that AT&T is losing business/seriously annoying their customers because of lack of communication. Seriously, it would be better if they just contacted us already and let us know what's going on. If you go on Amazon, or Apple, or ebay, or virtually anyone else's website and you get shipping information BEFORE you purchase whatever item it is. With us, we get a computer generated ship date that is NOT what any of us expected (or we would have purchased some other way as early adopters). At this point, some transparency would be appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.