Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
stevensh1's profile

Scholar

• 

153 Messages

Saturday, September 12th, 2015 7:29 AM

Closed

iPhone 6s Plus Shipping dates

Why is iPhone 6s Plus shipinng dates are Oct 16 - Oct 23 ? While on the Apple.com it shows delivers 25th... I already ordered from premier site, since I had no choice as I dont have ATT Next and do not wish to move to it. But why is the ship dates are so far out for the 6s Plus via ATT ?

I really hope it changes, but I have a bad feeling about this.....

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

@HoustonTex wrote:

So you only pay $60 dollars a month for your total phone bill? With unlimited data? That's better than Sprint. I use to $80 with sprint and the service was terrible but since I was a premier sprint customer. They would let me upgrade every year. I like the next plan because I enjoy getting a new phone every year. 

I have unlimited data with AT&T on my iPhone and 2GB data plan on Verizon for my iPad for a total of $80. I only wish AT&T would let me use my phone as a hotspot. A 5GB family share plan with AT&T is now $75. So yeah, AT&T is going to do whatever they can to get me to change my plan. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

So no tethering. That's not good. Next is better. Lol

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

Conclusion: AT&T is raising our expenses by 20%. That's what would happen by getting rid of subsidies and moving everyone over to the Shared plans.

It's worse if you don't move. If you stick with Legacy, then your expenses go up by 27%

By increasing the Unlimited LTE Data Cap to 22GB, they made the discrepancy even more, because accounting for the difference in service value, on 2 lines, we are talking about a $300/month Shared Plan. I don't even take this into consideration below.

Legacy with Unlimited Data

First Phone - $40 to $60 or more, depending on plan. (Recently those plans were raised to unlimited, so let's go with $60.

Second to Fifth phones are $10 to connect to that plan.

Data is separate, but for many of us unlimited at $30 per line that has data. This has been updated to support 22GB of LTE then whatever after that is 2G.

2 line plan, data costs $60, for up to 22GB/line (44GB) equivalent. Technically this is untranslatable to the shared data.

Text is also separate, but there is a family plan of $20 unlimited. Let's go with that.

First Phone - $60 + $30 + $20 = $110, unlimited everything

Second Phone - $10 + $30 = $40, unlimited everything

FAN discounts at 17% is $20.40

Tax is approximately $10

Total: $139.60 (+ $538 Phones) x 24 = $3888.40

Under this system you must pay the subsidy value, as it is included and not itemized. Buy two phones, you are accounting for $18.75 of your plan ($450) per line over two years. Subtract that for each line. $37.50 (Phones - $199 each - $398 total, plus tax about $140)

Services value: $102.10/month ($2450.40 over 2 years)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Family Share with Next

$100 base with unlimited everything (North America) 15GB LTE + $10/GB there after.

$15 - First Phone access fee

$15 - Second Phone access fee

$10 - Tax

$17 - FAN discount at 17%

Total: $123 / month (This is the service value) = $2952 over two years

Add Two phones...

$50 / month to cover the 2 year contract. ($1200 + $398 + $140 TAX) = $1738

Buy unlocked: ($1298 + $140 TAX) = $1438

Next: $54.16/mo x 24 = 1299.84 + $140 TAX = $1439.84 (margin of error I suspect)

$4690 (Share Plan plus 2y contract)

$4390 (Share Plan with unlocked 2y)

$4391.84 (Share Plan with Next 2y)

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

@HoustonTex wrote:

So no tethering. 

Not without PDANet anyways.  But of course I don't know anyone who uses that.  😉

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

I guess you can always jailbreak or root the device. Sprint stop the tethering as well so that was our only option. Unless we paid $20 for a 1 or 2 GB tether add on. 

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

My discount is 24%. I wonder if it's higher because it's not a unlimited plan. 

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

@Anonymous like I said before, it all depends on your situation. I pay $60 for unlimited data, text and way more than enough minutes. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Explorer

• 

33 Messages

9 years ago

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 8.11.33 PM.png

this is unacceptable

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

@HoustonTex wrote:

My discount is 24%. I wonder if it's higher because it's not a unlimited plan. 

It depends on the FAN. Typical is %17 for state employees across the Western states (WSCA) This includes universities & colleges, K-12, state, city and county employees.

24% sounds like you work for a fortune 500 or something similar to that. I have see up to 30% discounts, with 50% off accessories at the store.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

9 years ago

Hospital

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.