Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
The new iPad Pro & iPad Air!
pmedina1956's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, January 3rd, 2011 12:38 AM

IPhone 4 symbols

IPhone 4 symbols.  I wish they would have manuals for these..lol.  My hubby has a symbol by his battery symbol it is like a circle with a lock in in.  Any ideas as how to take that off?  Also his phone vibrates...but the other sound notifications don't work.  Speakers still work..settings seem ok...I just don't knoe how to get his ringtones to work again.  Mine vibrates & rings...that is the way I want his too.  Thank you !!!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

13 years ago

@pmedina1956 wrote:

I don't have the headphones plugged in....but you are right,,when I plug the headphones in I hear the volume.  I can call the phone and hear it ring with the headphones on.  So how do I turn off the headphones?  Thank you so much! 

I recall hearing that some people had an issue with their phones arriving from China in that mode where they thought the headphones were attached.  For most people, just plugin and unplug the headphones 4-5 times and it resolves itself.  If it doesn't you might want to schedule an appointment at a genius bar to get your phone replaced.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you so much!!  I tried that..no go.  When we bought the phones just prior to christmas all worked fine.  This just happened overnight.  He didled with something as he always is playing on it lol.  When I call him it still vibrates with no other ringtone sound.  Mine does both.  Anyway, when I call him it goes automatically to his voice box after I hang it up (maybe that is normal)

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

13 years ago

If it were me, I would connect it to iTunes, click on the device on the left and then click Restore and afterwards when it asks if you want to use a backup I would select No.  That will wipe the device and reload the software as if it were new out of the box.

If that doesn't fix the sound issue, that will means its hardware and will need to be replaced by Apple.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you for your idea...it sounds like a great one.  Unfortunately, we took it to the att store..the speakers have gone out on it.  Thank God it is still under warranty.  Again, Thank you all for your help.  We tried!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.