For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The new iPhone 15
xupeiqi0429's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, September 15th, 2018 5:58 PM

Closed

eSIM for iPhone XS, XS MAX and XR

I have an AT&T nano-SIM card and another nano-SIM card with Chinese carrier. I learned that the unlocked iphone Xs MAX can have a nano-SIM and an eSIM working together. But the Chinese carrier didn't support eSIM. So I want to transform my AT&T nano-SIM card into eSIM so that my two phone number can both work on the iphone. How can I change my AT&T nano-SIM card to eSIM?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

5 years ago

@Rteelock  Looks like european wireless carriers are not having a problem with eSIM. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Do we have an update on this thread? iOS 12.1 has been out for a bit... can I finally quit carrying a biz phone and a personal phone?

does AT&T have the “visual voicemail issues” worked out yet?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

so when am i able to activate the esim? iOS 12.1 is out so....... what are we waiting for?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

I already know the esim works because that’s how my son’s phone is working. I spend my morning with AT&T and Apple support. Conclusion was that it will work, but you will have to go into the AT&T store and give them the digital sim number. If you don’t want to do that, AT&T will have an update in early 2019 (according to AT&T rep) with an automated process of moving to the esim. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

So how are dual-SIM users selecting which number to message, call, or pull data from? Has anyone seen voicemails and how the biz line is distinguished from the personal line?

can the eSIM be “moved” temporarily from phone to phone? ie: biz and personal lines in the same phone, but handing off the “biz phone” to a manager for the weekend or vacation?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

5 years ago

Evidently, there are some problems with the dual sim that will not allow the phone to work properly. Until the bugs are worked out, the dual sim will not be able to be activated.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@Fl_retire wrote:

@Rteelock  Looks like european wireless carriers are not having a problem with eSIM. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209096

@Fl_retire

the EU has had dual sim android phones for years so they were ready for this.  The us carriers have shunned dual sim phones all these years and now apple is forcing it on them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

iOS iOS update came out a week ago to support esim, requires a QR code to work.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Dual Sim is now active with the recent 12.1 update. How do I get my esim for my at&t account?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

DED761F0-1AB7-4C47-8AA0-32A77521265A.jpeg

The update just sent out recently has the dual sim for new iPhones. 

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.