For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
The Samsung Galaxy S24
PsyCoe's profile

Former Employee

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2018 11:50 AM

Closed

OnePlus 6T - WiFi Calling

Does anyone know if WiFi calling on the OnePlus 6T works on AT&T? I work for the government in a building that actively blocks all incoming and outgoing radio and have to use WiFi calling. I want to buy the 6T, but if I can't use it to call or text during the day that would definitely be a deal breaker.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@dgraham1282

I do have VoLTE on my 6t with AT&T.  As written several times, WiFi calling is not.  See photo

I haven’t tried it on Verizon yet, but I expect to be denied WiFi calling.  

C1ACA6D3-3720-4BB9-9EBB-2939A1408473.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Well, I couldn't get it on my 6T. When I called support they refused to assist with it, so I'm with Verizon and T-Mobile now.

Former Employee

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Good info. I really wish we could get WiFi calling on the 6T, I want one really bad. I had the OnePlus 2 and 3 and loved them, before I worked where I do. (The whole blocking cell signal thing stinks) I'm kind of looking at the Razer Phone 2 as well since it's a near stock experience on it.

• 

2 Messages

I have a work-around in place to use wifi calling. I picked up a Google Voice free phone number and installed the Hangouts Dialer and associated my GV number to that. Now I can call and receive phone calls on my Google Voice phone number either over data or wifi. Works everywhere I have either signal. Yes I have 2 numbers..but I like that to separate out what numbers I give out. Also I suppose you could forward all your calls to your GV number if you want.. but I don't. Only negative side is the Hangouts dialer isn't anything fancy.. not the dialer app of choice otherwise, but it works!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@PsyCoe

My son has the Razer.  It’s time to get the newer one, but ATT isn’t doing well with stocking. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Screenshot_20190106-180707.jpg

Screenshot_20190106-174144.jpg

Nice try with your misleading screenshots. As you can see it says that regardless even when WiFi calling is available. As you can see that WiFi calling is provisoned with Verizon on the phone with my other screenshot. You're probably an AT&T employee and your info is not to be trusted.

2 Attachments

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

You can show all the menus you want till you show a screenshot that wifi calling is working on a call . You also have a TMobile sim in the phone and it even says TMobile wifi calling.  The 2nd screen shot the Verizon number is not even connected at 105dbm the signal is garbage anyway.

I am also assuming your prepaid.  Att prepaid does not get Volte.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@dgraham1282

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣.    Why would an employee tell you anything that wasn’t right out of the flipping handbook?   

Aside from that the forum guidelines require employees to say so under their screen name.  

And what is your Point?    We’ve been holding our own whine and grudge fest against ATT BYOD policy long before you showed up.  Nothing you posted is news to us.  

And I didn’t post a screen shot, it’s a photo of my phone, you posted screen shots.  

Better photo below shows VoLTE in my notification bar.   And as I said, I had to dig into other spaces in the phone to enable that, ATT didn’t do it for me.  

0FF1226F-154C-473B-96BF-183EF69F9842.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I was talking to the other guy, not you my friend and I did everything I could. I enabled in the phone but VOLTE still wouldn't work on AT&T. All I know is I can disable mobile data on Verizon and I can still make/receive calls and texts.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

5 years ago

@dgraham1282

As the other wrote, if you are prepaid, no fiddling will do anything until after the 19th.  Att Prepaid doesn’t offer VoLTE to ANY phone, not even its own.  Rumor is that VoLTE is finally coming to ATT Prepaid shortly.  

Im on postpaid and VoLTE is available to select non carrier androids.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have a OnePlus 6T on ATT and Im very happy with it even sans wifi calling and their customer support.  However, I do have a problem where Im not receiving all of my texts (group in particular) after switching over from an iphone 6s.  I confirmed the AIN settings, updated my phone w/ATT, and deactived iMessage and Facetime on my account (and old devices too).  Even after all of that I will get a text where someone has liked another text in the group but I never received the initial text.  ATT has been 0 help and filing a ticket w/OnePlus customer support has resulted in an error every time I submit it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.