Shop holiday gifts while you still can - Everyone gets our best deals on any smartphone!
The Samsung Galaxy S23
PsyCoe's profile

Former Employee

• 

7 Messages

Monday, December 10th, 2018 11:50 AM

Closed

OnePlus 6T - WiFi Calling

Does anyone know if WiFi calling on the OnePlus 6T works on AT&T? I work for the government in a building that actively blocks all incoming and outgoing radio and have to use WiFi calling. I want to buy the 6T, but if I can't use it to call or text during the day that would definitely be a deal breaker.

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

@donkeyd wrote:

I have a OnePlus 6T on ATT and Im very happy with it even sans wifi calling and their customer support.  However, I do have a problem where Im not receiving all of my texts (group in particular) after switching over from an iphone 6s.  I confirmed the AIN settings, updated my phone w/ATT, and deactived iMessage and Facetime on my account (and old devices too).  Even after all of that I will get a text where someone has liked another text in the group but I never received the initial text.  ATT has been 0 help and filing a ticket w/OnePlus customer support has resulted in an error every time I submit it.

Your group text problem may be due to a group larger than 10.  At this time At&t limits groups to 10.  All it takes is one extra in the group and things get messy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@lizdance40

how did you get volte to be enabled on the oneplus? i have the onplus 6 and have been dying trying to do this!

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

@rachetmeow wrote:

@lizdance40

how did you get volte to be enabled on the oneplus? i have the onplus 6 and have been dying trying to do this!

As far as I know, it will not enable on the oneplus 6.  The 6t is the only one successfully enabled.  Wifi call8ng sits there, enabled, but non working.   Someone else sent me information on the secret menus.  If I can find it, I’ll PM you.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Did this ever get updated? I am on prepaid ATT. I'd like a 6T but need the wifi calling in my house. All the ATT branded phones are, meh...

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

@eth3rton wrote:

Did this ever get updated? I am on prepaid ATT. I'd like a 6T but need the wifi calling in my house. All the ATT branded phones are, meh...

Prepaid or postpaid, you still need an AT&T branded phone or pixel 3/3xl/3a to use WiFi calling.  And word is the list of prepaid devices capable of WiFi calling is more limited than postpaid. 

I would say that, “meh”  is a generous statement when referring to AT&T‘s phone line up. ☹️   

The general feeling is that AT&T will not relent and allow voice over LTE, or Wi-Fi calling on non-branded phones until they absolutely have to. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the update. I have wifi calling now on a Note 8 but the phone is sluggish and battery life is awful. Guess it'll be either a Pixel 3 XL (if that works) or an LG something. 

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

That’s odd for a Note 8.   Older Samsung’s sure, they got laggy like crazy, but since the eight series they have been pretty consistent.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Yeah, I am surprised too. Also when I am on wifi calling and need to leave the house there is a notification at the top that says ATT Sign In (or something about the network) and it never lets me. If I try to use anything with data I can't. I can still receive calls and most texts but no data. I have to reboot the device to get my data back. 

ACE - Sage

• 

113.6K Messages

5 years ago

😒.  Well that’s not good.  And I’ve heard similar complaints. I don’t know if this is a particular problem with Samsung phones, or just a phone that is faulty, but some phones seem to hand off from Wi-Fi to cellular easily and others not so much. I have not had a problem with my unlocked phones.   I don’t recall having a significant problem with the Samsung phones that I found either. They are supposed to have a ‘smart switch’ built-in which allows them to switch back-and-forth between Wi-Fi and cellular. From what I can tell some of the phones just don’t act very ‘smart’.  You might check to see if your phones ‘smart switch’ is enabled and working as it should.   Of course that doesn’t do anything to solve your battery problems. 

I’ve been happy with the pixel three XL, but there are things about it which are never going to compare in anyway with the Samsung note phone. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

How did anyone get VoLTE and VoWIFI to work on the 6T?  I have tried Verizon and T-Mobile on an unlocked (new) 6T.  I have used the logkit menus to turn on the function switches for VoLTE and VoWiFi.  Neither of these features worked on either carrier's network, even though the phone indicates they are "on".

Not finding what you're looking for?