For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
CLC12487's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 25th, 2015 4:23 PM

Traveling Abroad/Passport Plan

I purchased the 30 day passport plan for a trip to Ireland in a few days.  It is very confusing regarding what is included and what I need to do with my phone prior to travel.  I read through some previous questions from people that explained that sending and receiving texts are included in it even though it specifies only sending.  Some of the posts also explain that the fee I am paying covers the "roaming".  What do I need to do to my phone prior to arriving in Ireland?  Since the fee covers roaming do I not need to turn anything off or do I need to turn off the data?  I downloaded the passport app that will tell me when I am in hot spots for the Wifi but I want to make sure I do not incur any additional fees.  I am aware of the data amount allotted and the $1 per minute for phone calls.  I am planning to text, and email at those wifi hot spots.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@cwilletto

Oy... traveling without knowing the ropes....   please read

https://forums.att.com/t5/Community-Blog/International-Travel-amp-Wireless-Service-Top-10-Things-to-Know/ba-p/5473479

You may need to power cycle your phone, or select a local carrier in settings.  You may want to leave ‘roaming data’ OFF when you don’t need it.  And watch you usage of calls and data.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.