For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
pjdiehl's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 3:50 PM

Phone number for complaints

Obviously, the people on the chat lines for customer support have not power to make customers happy.   Their hands are tied by corporate bullies who don't care out the customers.  Anybody have a phone number?   I have not googled much yet for it, but there certainly is not one on their web page!!   My issue is posted elsewhere.  Their salesmen make mistakes, likely for their own commission benefit, and WE are the ones who pay the price without any compensation from a huge corporation that would not miss it.  Any numbers out there?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

The only phone number is the customer service number. If you feel you have been wronged, your best bet is to private message @ATTMobilityCare with your contact number and account number and concern and they will get someone in touch with you.

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same issue the agent I talked to did not gave me correct information do not understand why. he could be getting a commission or some thing. But i end up with some extra charges on my bill in the name of prorating. I was just 4 days before my billing cycle ends. I was not informed about those charges and ATT cant do any thing about it for customer satisfaction. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 wrote:

I have the same issue the agent I talked to did not gave me correct information do not understand why. he could be getting a commission or some thing. But i end up with some extra charges on my bill in the name of prorating. I was just 4 days before my billing cycle ends. I was not informed about those charges and ATT cant do any thing about it for customer satisfaction. 

If you make a change in the middle of the month, there will be proration for those changes. If you asked for a change you it seems like you approved prorated costs to your current cycle.

Maybe I'm not understanding, did you think you'd get it free for the rest of you cycle?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Why would anyone with right mind would assume that he will get it for free are you trying make fun of me.
The prorated charges I am talking about is my old plan was $360 per month and new plan should be at least $30 lower then this as discussed with agent. My bill is $460 and the reason I was given for the high bill is because of prorated charges as I changed my plan 4 days before the bill cycles ends. If I am changing my plan to save money why in the world I will accept to change my plan in middle of bill cycle and extra $100 the agent should have warn me about these extra charges which they put on bill in the name of prorated and should have told me the way to avoid them. Which was the very way that switch plan at the end of bill cycle.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786   

The devil is in the details..... Did you actually choose a cheaper plan?   Is prorated charges really the cause for increase?   Let's assume there is something else.  Please read the bill and compare line items to your previous bills.  

Old and new data plan price?   Higher or lower?

Line fees, higher or lower?

Discount?   If you had one and moved to the unlimited plan, you do not get FAN discounts on services.   

We cant see the bill, you will have to post the details.   So far What we have seen is customers are increasing their bill moving from Mobile Share Value plan with $15 phone lines and $10 tablet lines, to the unlimited plan with $20 line fees for both, and losing a hefty employee discount.   

Is that the case?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 wrote:
Why would anyone with right mind would assume that he will get it for free are you trying make fun of me.

I can show you dozens and dozens of posts of people thinking they will get free unlimited data if they do something specific. I'm not sure what state of mind they are in.

You're not being very clear with the numbers, it's hard to compare lump sums and give details why.  

The prorated charges I am talking about is my old plan was $360 per month and new plan should be at least $30 lower then this as discussed with agent.

This doesn't tell us anything about your plans.

Your old plan had a name, an amount of data and a cost per line (how many lines?).

My bill is $460 and the reason I was given for the high bill is because of prorated charges as I changed my plan 4 days before the bill cycles ends.

Your NEW plan has a name, an amount of data and a cost per line (how many lines?).

Tell us about the plans and we can tell you want to know.

You'd have to work hard to find a plan that would even cost you $330 ($360-$30). You can get 10 lines on unlimited for $305 (plus taxes/fees per line).

Proration charges, if thats what they are, are not additional fees, it's just a portion of the month prorated. You've got the bill. Pull out the details. What do the lines with the larger amounts (or newer amounts) say they are for? 

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

I am talking about one time bill spike and my bill will be lower then it was earlier. With my old plan my bill was $359 per month and my new bill will be $324 plus tax that will lower then $359. And the reason I was told for this 1 time high bill because I changed the plan in the middle of the bill cycle. When was just 4 days later.
I think there is a confusion of bill increase and prorate charges. My bill did it went up. Just because you changed the plan 4 days before end of billing cycle and way AT$T prorate the charges I will have to pay $100 more for just this one time

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 wrote:
I am talking about one time bill spike and my bill will be lower then it was earlier. With my old plan my bill was $359 per month and my new bill will be $324 plus tax that will lower then $359. And the reason I was told for this 1 time high bill because I changed the plan in the middle of the bill cycle. When was just 4 days later.
I think there is a confusion of bill increase and prorate charges. My bill did it went up. Just because you changed the plan 4 days before end of billing cycle and way AT$T prorate the charges I will have to pay $100 more for just this one time

There is also some issues with BILL cost and PLAN cost.

Sometimes you tell us your plan is $359/$360 and other times you say your bill is that amount, there is a HUGE difference. 

My bill is $180, BUT my plan is $135 with $15 in taxes and a $30 phone. That's a $45 difference!

Here's A problem, the reps don't do taxes and fees. You tell them your plan is $360 and you want a cheaper plan and they get you a plan that's $30 less than than $360, they don't do taxes and I think sometimes they don't even pay attention to phone/insurance costs.  When realistically, you likely don't have a $360 plan, you probably have a few phones in there (insurance?), with the plan a bit less?

(I'm making fun of the reps who don't pay attention here)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786

Again the details say a lot, lump sums mean squat.    How proration works:

Your regular plan is $200 a month and you are billed and pay this amount for May.

In June you chose a plan that's $25 less a month, back date it.  Bill and payment is $200

In July you get credit for the lower bill from last month ($25) and billed the new amount of $175, total bill $150.   August bill is $175.  

But without you filling in the details my example is moot.

Please tell us what plan you had (name) how many lines, how much data and if you had a discount.  And what plan you switched to.   

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 wrote:

I can show you dozens and dozens of posts of people thinking they will get free unlimited data if they do something specific. I'm not sure what state of mind they are in.

I know about that as well cause AT$T are giving out that false misconception about the plan and i have heard alot of people switched and got hurt so that agent can make commission. That is different topic.

You're not being very clear with the numbers, it's hard to compare lump sums and give details why.  

The prorated charges I am talking about is my old plan was $360 per month and new plan should be at least $30 lower then this as discussed with agent.

This doesn't tell us anything about your plans.

Your old plan had a name, an amount of data and a cost per line (how many lines?).

I have a long account 8 lines with 3 phone payments on it now it was 4 payments till last month and 2 tablets.

My bill is $460 and the reason I was given for the high bill is because of prorated charges as I changed my plan 4 days before the bill cycles ends.

Your NEW plan has a name, an amount of data and a cost per line (how many lines?).

I had 30GB plan with employee discount and with my 4 Phone payment and 2 tablets

• Apr 6 - May 5$359.93

• Mar 6 - Apr 5$359.94

• Feb 6 - Mar 5$359.74

Jun 6 - Jul 5$461.77

The rep told me that my bill from next month with all the phone payments and tablet payments, i do not have insurance will be 325 plus tax. which will be lower then 360, plus I only have 3 phone payments left  so it should be lower then 360 that is what i been told by the Agent.

I have been told by the Customer service agent that this is because of prorated charges and at one point they have offered me half of it back. I refused for half to be credited as it is not right and if i had changed my plan with my bill cycle ends i could have saved that $100 extra charge in the name of prorated. just because i changed my plan just 4 days before my  bill cycle ends. 

If assumes that is my new bill so this will be a bull crap as I have been told different and all I asked the agent for the total. I do not care what they charging me per line and itemized. AT$T agent should be able to tell me my final bill and should be able to tell me the difference in my payment it would make. If they cant then they need to up grade there system. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.