For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
pjdiehl's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 3:50 PM

Phone number for complaints

Obviously, the people on the chat lines for customer support have not power to make customers happy.   Their hands are tied by corporate bullies who don't care out the customers.  Anybody have a phone number?   I have not googled much yet for it, but there certainly is not one on their web page!!   My issue is posted elsewhere.  Their salesmen make mistakes, likely for their own commission benefit, and WE are the ones who pay the price without any compensation from a huge corporation that would not miss it.  Any numbers out there?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 While you wrote a lot you told us very little of what we asked for. You're probably getting frustrated with all the writing, but you're not reading the questions and you're telling us the whole story again.

I think the only thing we needed out of that whole post was you have 8 lines with an unknown discount and had 30GB on an unnamed plan.

We don't care what the reps tell you, we want to know the answers to the questions we have so we can provide you with some insight. Underneath a sentence asking you about your NEW plan (it was even in CAPS) you wrote the OLD plan info.  But didn't tell us the name or the cost of the lines. Nor the new plan info.  We don't have the info we need. 

If you have Next payments they're going to cost the same no matter what plan you have. If that's the case we do NOT need to know about that. It's not going to affect an increase or decrease related to the plan.

• All your payments are Next, not old contracts, correct?

PLEASE look on an actual bill, it will take you one minute. Leave it out, we might have a followup.

• What is the NAME of your old plan?
  • How much do you pay for it? 

Without the name we don't know what you pay per line. It could be $15 or $20, with 8 devices that adds up ($120 or $160).

Just saying you have a discount tells us nothing... 

• How much is the discount

• What is the NAME of your NEW plan?
    You keep telling us it's more when it should be less, but I'm not sure you're told us what it is? 

@sharkhan786 wrote:

I have a long account 8 lines with 3 phone payments on it now it was 4 payments till last month and 2 tablets.

• What do you mean by LONG?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

Simple answer...

Go back to post 6 and read this:.....moving from Mobile Share Value plan with $15 phone lines and $10 tablet lines, to the unlimited plan with $20 line fees for both, and losing a hefty employee discount.  

Your phone lines increased by $5.  Your tablet lines doubled to $20.   That is $50 right there.  Then you also lost the employee discount.  So your plan alone is probably $75 a month more than thenold plan.  With that in mind, your new bill is higher and the proration work the other way than my above example.  The increase is tacked to one bill.  Example

Your regular plan is $200 a month and you are billed and pay this amount for May.
In June you chose a plan that's $75 MORE a month, back date it. Bill and payment is $200
In July you get the increase from last month ($75) and billed the new amount of $275, total bill $350 August bill is $275.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 What do you see that tells you they have Mobile Share VALUE and not ADVANTAGE?

And did they are actually say they going to unlimited? (You just asked them that in post 10).

Regardless, I agree I don't see them saving any, even if they had MS Advantage for the 30GB ($135) with $20 line fees, it should be a little more for Unlimited Plus ($10-$20 depending on autopay) plus a $10 increase per tablet, if that's what they got. That's not even factoring the discount loss in.

If they went from MSA 30GB to Unlimited Choice they could save $20, but the tablets will cost $10 more each)  and the loss of the discount is going to muck with it even more.

@sharkhan786 This is why we've been trying to get specifics...

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Sorry about that and I will look at my bills today when I get home and give you more detail information.
Thank you

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 wrote:
Sorry about that and I will look at my bills today when I get home and give you more detail information.
Thank you

AWESOME 🙂

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

Ok here is my bill will try to be as much informative as possible don't even know why i am doing this. May be because AT$T agents are incapable to  answer a simple question how much my bill will be or they do it intentionally so can scam us still confused. That we have discuss it on a forum and i have do all this. Even after spending more then 8 hours on phone and filing a dispute i still do not understand. Shame on me

Old bill

Promo for Mobile Share Value 30GB with Rollover Data -

Main line 

Monthly Charges - May 6 thru Jun 5

1. Promo for Mobile Share Value 30GB with 130.00 Rollover Data

2. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 40.00

3. Discount for Access 25.00CR

4. International Long Distance - Standard 0.00

5. National Account Discount 22.10CR

Total Monthly Charges 122.90

6. 04/15 Installment 30 of 30 24.99

Surcharges and Other Fees

7. Administrative Fee 0.76

8. Federal Universal Service Charge 1.01

9. Oklahoma Universal Service 0.24

10. Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge 1.25

Total Surcharges and Other Fees 3.26

Government Fees and Taxes

11. 911 Service Fee 0.75

12. City Sales Tax - Telecom 0.60

13. County Sales Tax - Telecom 0.06

14. OK State Sales Tax - Telecom 0.76

Total Government Fees and Taxes 2.17

Total Other Charges & Credits 30.42

Total for Main line 153.32

Line 2

1. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 40.00

2. Discount for Access 25.00CR

3. International Long Distance - Standard 0.00

Total Monthly Charges 15.00

Total for Line 2 56.68

Line 3

1. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 40.00

2. Discount for Access 25.00CR

3. International Roaming - Expanded 0.00

Total Monthly Charges 15.00

Total for Line 3 48.77

Total for Line 4 56.68

Total for Line 5 12.01   - Ipad

Total for Line 6 12.01  - Ipad

Total for Line 7 20.46 - No phone payment

New bill

Total Amount Due $461.77 - this bill have 1 less phone payment

Main line

Monthly Charges - Jul 6 thru Aug 5

1. AT&T Unlimited Choice Multi Line 85.00

2. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ VVM 20.00

3. International Long Distance - Standard 0.00

4. National Account Discount 17.68CR

Total Monthly Charges 87.32

5. AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line 115.00CR

Credited from 06/06 - 07/05

6. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ VVM 20.00CR

7. Promo for Mobile Share Value 30GB with 130.00

Rollover Data

Charged from 06/06 - 07/05

See Monthly Charges for the qualifying National

Account Discount.

8. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 40.00

Total for Main line 118.66

Monthly Charges - Jul 6 thru Aug 5

1. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ VVM 20.00

2. International Long Distance - Standard 0.00

Total Monthly Charges 20.00

Other Charges and Credits Account Activity

3. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ VVM 20.00CR

4. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 40.00

Charged from 06/06 - 07/05

5. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ Visual Voicemail 8.00CR

Credited from 06/30 - 07/05

6. Access for iPhone 4G LTE w/ VVM 4.00

Charged from 06/30 - 07/05 Total Account Activity 16.00

Total for Line 2 80.98

Total for Line 3 73.07

Total for Line 4 85.84

Total for Line 5 44.73   - Switched from Ipad line to phone line

Total for Line 6 14.01  - Ipad

Total for Line 7 44.78 - No phone payment

I am not sure what i did wrong here when i asked AT&T oops AT$T agent about my options and and he gave me a quote. Do i need some one in an online forum to explain about it. Can not just that AT$T agent give me an correct answer in simple words "  MY TOTAL BILL" is this a hard question to ask them or they are stupid enough and i should think about switching. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.4K Messages

7 years ago

That helps.

Lines  2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 went up more than the $5 line fee.  Did you buy new phones?   

If you didn't buy phones, thee is no way each line increases more than $5 plus taxes.   

What I think we're seeing is a combined bill for the unlimited plan added in June, and billed with the July bill.  However, the plan fee is all that would change, not line fees.  

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

That is what i was saying. in my 2 lat bills AT$T scammed around $180 out of my pocket. When we call AT$T we call for information and that we should be getting correctly. If we can get information ourself self why we need those agents then. If i ask simple question what is my bill now and what it will be after plan change i should get that answer. Agent should have access to that information and be able to provide me with correct information. 

I even asked that agent that the quote you gave me is just conversation can you please send me an email about it he said he cant but he said he noted in my account. and when i talked to another agent about the same issue and was informed there is nothing noted.

To many lies and misinformation from AT$T. The reason AT$T can get away with these kind of acts because they know we do not have any choice taking advantage. Every agent give you different information and sing a whole new song for you. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@sharkhan786 All the info is on-line you have the freedom to check that, on the web site or in the account. It's pretty rare you actually need an agent for information. You're much of better just getting it yourself and keeping a copy of that info yourself for future reference too.

Questions can be asked here too!

I never count on anything ever getting into my actual notes...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.