For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
bobsmith9000's profile

Teacher

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 21st, 2014 2:48 AM

Mobile Share Value Plans Questions and Discussion

Beware.. The $160 per month plan for 4 smart phones with ATT is pretty shadey. They don't tell you that you are required to pay for 4 smart phones at full retail price. Maybe that small detail is buried somewhere in the fine print when the adds on TV play, but make sure you know exactly what you are paying for before jumping onto this.... It's very, very tricky. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Wingrider whether its on the website and tv is irrelavant. I was not watching tv or on website. I was getting information from an att employee via the phone. They gave me information that was false repeatedly. The company should either educate their employees on their product correctly so they do not mislead or stand up and take responsibility for them misleading their customers. Piont blank. And I am clearly not the only one who has been misinformed or mislead. Many others that have been

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Reading these comments now help me understand why I'm being charged so much despite the AT&T representative telling my daughter and I that our 4 lines would cost $160/mo when she purchased her phone from him at the END of February.  The AT&T phone she had for only a year completely died after it was serviced 2-3 times already.  The representative did not mention she would have had to purchase her phone prior to Feb 2nd to qualify for $160/mo.  We're stuck now for 2 more years. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

That's the problem bclynn3. None of us that have been misled by an att employee should have to just suck it up and pay money we were told we wouldn't have to pay for the next two years. Att should step up and make good on correcting these issues. I shouldn't have to have an att comercial on or search the website and read fine print to get the truth disclosed. I should be able to have a conversation with their sales reps and get accurate reliable pricing.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I got screwed because one of my lines had been upgradeable (by a year or so) but I hadn't bothered to do so because I didn't care enough at that point and wasn't awere that I was forfeiting my upgrade. Very annoyed. This is totally misleading. When I log on and click on upgrade eligibility it tells me that I am eligible for a free phone with a 2-year contract renewal. The "free phone" will cost me an increase in monthly costs of $25! What kind of "free" is that.

Annoyed in Seattle

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

I wonder when the att employees that read these forums will actually step up and make effort to direct those of us that havebeen misled to whom can help us since customer service supervisors claim there is nothing they can do. A simple sorry really just doesn't cut that I will have to pay a minimum of $1200 over the next 2 years I was told I would not be paying. As I said earlier I will be writing a formal complaint to corporate as well as state attorney general and fcc. I urge the rest of you that have been misled to do the same.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

10 years ago

@axman98 wrote:

I got screwed because one of my lines had been upgradeable (by a year or so) but I hadn't bothered to do so because I didn't care enough at that point and wasn't awere that I was forfeiting my upgrade. Very annoyed. This is totally misleading. When I log on and click on upgrade eligibility it tells me that I am eligible for a free phone with a 2-year contract renewal. The "free phone" will cost me an increase in monthly costs of $25! What kind of "free" is that.

Annoyed in Seattle

The same kind of "free" that subsidized phones have always been. 😉  The difference is that with the MSV plans, if you bring your own phone or purchase one outright from at&t/use the Next plan, you don't have to pay a monthly line of service fee that's always been inflated in order for at&t to recoup their device subsidy.

All that said - while it certainly isn't "OK" for agents to mislead customers, I would never believe anything an agent (of any business) told me unless I can verify (even if that's not done until after the purchase) that it is consistent with what the company states in their written terms and documentation.  And then I'd make active use of the return period if the "real" deal isn't what I was told and/or isn't satisfactory afterall.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cla12170 wrote:
Wingrider whether its on the website and tv is irrelavant. I was not watching tv or on website. I was getting information from an att employee via the phone. They gave me information that was false repeatedly. The company should either educate their employees on their product correctly so they do not mislead or stand up and take responsibility for them misleading their customers. Piont blank. And I am clearly not the only one who has been misinformed or mislead. Many others that have been

reserch on something before you commit is relevant, do you pick up a phone and call a car dealership and purchase a car without researching it?

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

Wingrider your comparison is irrelevant I don't think anyone purchases cars over the phone. So actually in the past before the internet took over everyone lives you didn't do research in that way. Yes there were ways to look into things but you spoke to company representatives and received information and based your decision on that. I should still be able to speak with a sales rep that represents att and recieve accurate information about their product and services. I should be able to trust they are informed and honest. I should not have to research on line whether they are inaccurate and dishonest. Thats a problem in this day and age.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

After ordering a note 3 online and trying to use the online chat only to be disconnected then phoned a local store to inquire about why it was telling me this phone was not compatiable with my current plan.  I was told that it could be grandfathered in all I needed to do was bring it in when I got it......  Took it in asked them to check my plan and if anything had changed was told everything was fine.  Went and got a smartphone for my daughter at walmart and was told absoutely nothing.  Got my bill and expected the 72.00 activation fee but not the extra $25.00 per phone new fee because of doing a 2 yr contract new plans....

After being a loyal customer for over 4 years, I just want to say THANKS soooooo much for being ever soo helpful when contacting you all by phone and in person for not relaying the extra $50.00 my account is now going to have on my bill.  You see its too late for me to cancel cause the 14 day period for cancelations is over yeaa AT&T bonus for you all.  So in honor of this, after the 2 year commitment is up this will be all the money you will ever be getting from me again.

Sincerely,

Vickie

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

Any smartphone added to an AT&T account will generate an additional 25.00 per month for a data plan, it says that anywhere you look online or in the store right on the price card. One thing i did notice was walmart online does not show AT&T as a carrier they sell except for prpaid or gophone cards to add minutes. Im curious did you purchase another carriers phone and use your at&t sim card? Regaedless you should have been told there would be an additional charge per month , but if you were relying on walmart personell to tell you this im not sure they really know about the billing costs or prices and you can hardly blame at&t for walmarts lack of knowledge or communication.

" Took it in asked them to check my plan and if anything had changed was told everything was fine."

Whos is them walmart or at&t store?

"Went and got a smartphone for my daughter at walmart and was told absoutely nothing"

Again was told nothing by at&t or walmart?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.