For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
moremetz's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 6th, 2016 10:54 PM

10% AARP discount

I keeping writing to get an answer: I want the 10% discount that I am entitled to as an AARP member!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Demadog. Yes, or you can do it your self online.  I went into an ATT store and it didn't take.  I called ATT and they talked me through it.  

Very easy.

1.   Login to your AARP account. https://secure.aarp.org/applications/account/myAccount.action?intcmp=DSO-HDR-MYACCT-EWHERE-DSO-LOGIN

2.   Go to AARP discounts.  https://advantages.aarp.org/en/home.html

Choose the ATT discount.

3.   Choose the "buy online" button.   This will take you to ATT site where you can login.  

4.  Follow prompts on ATT website to add you discount.

This took maybe 5 minutes and my discount appeared on my next bill.

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Take your AARP card into a store with matching ID and ask them to apply it to your account.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I see the professors answer on taking aarp card to store.... did not work so well for me in VT. After 2 hours of first trying the att chat online, and then speaking to someone on phone with no solution I drove an hour to the ATT store with my card and License and phone and sat there while the woman added my aarp for the discount told me not waiting period to go home click the link she emailed and I would all set.

Clicked the link supposedly all set ..apparantly not.

Next month called ATT on phone woman said could not make heads or tales that they put me in the wrong group and I was not getting any credit. Att store did it wrong I was told.

stayed on phone another 1/2 hour?? Set it all up again.  Woman gave me 20.00 credit for my hours of trouble and travel and gas.

2 bills later still not  appearing. No aarp credit.

Called ATT last night got man said he could see I am in program but credit not showing on my bill.

He transferred me over to a number that was not available.

I called back. Got another man who told me I had to sign up forr AARP program.

That I had to go to store.

REALLY:??  ...he then put me on hold and checked and said bill cycles run differently ahead behind whatever and hopefully it would appear by the next month and if not they would put me on a list to find out what happened - an inquiry or something.

He could not offer me any discount on this bill as I was given the special discount last bill for all my previous trouble.  HE then tried to sell me TV ATT program that would give me discounts over my cable company if I switched to ATT TV  ...once again... seriously ATT???

All this crap to try and save 4.00 a month??  My latest advice given from ATT phone was to wait until next bill cycle and see what happens.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Went to Granbury, Texas store and it was such a hassle I left. One employee was really rude and the other one didn't go through procedure to verify my account before he even started and then at the end asked to see my identification after the account and my aarp was verified printed. I walked out and never got my discount applied.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

It shouldn't be that hard!!!

The link actually has a number to call to make an appointment. Has anyone tried that? 

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/promotions/aarp.jsp

Whenever I'm getting trouble with customer service (anywhere) I make it clears that I'm taking notes and writing down names. Seems to help a little bit sometimes (sometimes it seems to help a lot). No one wants any trouble.

@paulaf1 I'm not sure what you're saying about verified printed, what did they print?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

I have 2 stores near me, and will be going in with my AARP card this week.  It's worth $13 per month, so we will see if it gets applied in 2-3 bills.

I have a temporary card, online, printed, the plastic card is mailed eventually.  I will try to report back...

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

8 years ago

Did you go to a ATT company owned store or a franchise store? The franchise stores don't want to be bothered as most employees work on commission. We have 14 ATT stores where I live but only one company owned.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I went online and did chat.
They did not know what they were doing.

I then called. Perot on phone said go store.

I went to store gave them all info they signed me up sent link.

I followed link did as they told me.

Waited waited waited …nothing but some email about another company I never heard of.

Called ATT was told they had signed me up to wrong company not AARP and that she had to sign me up all over again.
….over the phone (which by the way if you notice a few months ago they said that was not possible)

So thought all was set and woman actually gave me a 20.00 credit for all my trouble time and gas which was appreciated as the nearest store
takes an hour to drive there and an hour back…. two hour trip for nothing…….plus all phone time…..

Next month got email saying I had AARP now on my bill but the next month bill came and no AARP discount.

Called ATT again man said he would transfer me to another number…. got transferred no one answered finally just disconnected
I called back and got another man who said I had to sign up for AARP …which I told him I did………

and then he put me on hold came back and said it would take another bill cycle before I got the discount but if I did not get the discount on next bill cycle that I should call back and have someone put in an inquiry.

Really.

After that he tried to sell me TV service. Now do you think I am interested in being sold any other ATT services at this point???

And no credit available for my trouble for this month and no AARP credit available for this month so pretty unhappy with ATT and also every time a pole is updated around here and I get the “good news” email about that I know that means my service connection will get worse. So pretty unhappy right now.

…and all I wanted was my darn probably less than 5. a month credit. Not really worth the time. No You are correct should not be that hard.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

I think with AT&T I (fortunately) got it on the line first try; actually my account was a disaster the first few months it got set up, the FAN was probably the only correct thing besides my number...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.