Need help understanding your bill?
moremetz's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 6th, 2016 10:54 PM

10% AARP discount

I keeping writing to get an answer: I want the 10% discount that I am entitled to as an AARP member!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Can I call at&t instead of going into store

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

The link actually has a number to call to make an appointment. Has anyone tried that? 

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/promotions/aarp.jsp

I see the phone number for appointments has gone away...  Had anyone tried that.

BUT they do have the discount code there now 6039461, that might help.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

As of today, 7/5/17, this does not work, even with the help of an on-line representative.  There is no place to sign up for this discount on-line.  The option to "buy online" is missing.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@NCSilverBear wrote:

As of today, 7/5/17, this does not work, even with the help of an on-line representative.  There is no place to sign up for this discount on-line.  The option to "buy online" is missing.

I believe on the AARP page, the button is labeled "learn more" now (on the AT&T page, it says "Shop now").

But there is something not working correctly, it's not asking me to log in at AT&T when I click anything on AT&T's AARP page.

BUT if I click SHOP NOW (on the AT&T page) and then click the back button the SHOP NOW button changes to ENROLL NOW (try this more than once if you need to).  Then I got an enroll page. While the page looks pretty generic, it does say AARP in the upper right.

@NCSilverBear Can you give this addendum to the process a try?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Today, using Chrome, the links work as expected and I was able to enroll. However, using Safari, when clicking on the “learn more” and then “continue” on the pop-up window, I get an error from Safari that it could not open the page because there were “Too many redirects occurred trying to open . . . .”

Yesterday evening, after working with the representative for a while, where she finally said she would turn in a work ticket on the issue, I noticed I got a message the page was down for repair. So, whomever she talked to after we hung up must have *REALLY* worked on the link, to repair it, at least for Chrome. But, Safari is still a no go because of the above.

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Today, using Chrome, the links work as expected and I was able to enroll. However, using Safari, when clicking on the “learn more” and then “continue” on the pop-up window, I get an error from Safari that it could not open the page because there were “Too many redirects occurred trying to open . . . .”

Yesterday evening, after working with the representative for a while, where she finally said she would turn in a work ticket on the issue, I noticed I got a message the page was down for repair. So, whomever she talked to after we hung up must have *REALLY* worked on the link, to repair it, at least for Chrome. But, Safari is still a no go because of the above.

Thanks.

Guru

• 

367 Messages

7 years ago

Does the discount work with the unlimited data plans?

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

@mdembski. No, only military or veterans get a 15% discount. 

https://www.att.com/plans/unlimited-data-plans.html

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@mdembski  At this time, no.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.