For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
VVo-Planas's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 8:04 PM

Website to enroll employee discount

I transfered my account from one carrier to AT&T because my son works for AT&T.  I've been trying to register the account for the employee discount but the site has been experiencing technical difficulties for three days and I'm unable to complete the enrollment process.  The plan that I chose was expensive and I'm starting to think that the website is deliberately inaccessible for that I have to pay the higher monthly fee (which is considerably higher than my former carrier).  There's no number that I can call to inquire so I'm pretty much dead in the water. I've tried enrolling for the discount every hour over the past three days and still nothing.

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

7 years ago

Hey there @VVo-Planas --- quick question, is the account in your name or your son's name? If it's not in your son's name, you'll need to do a Transfer of Billing Responsibility first to be eligible for the E.M.O. discount!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I could be wrong but I don't think you can use your son's discount on your account. You may have to transfer the account to him to use the discount.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

It's in his name.  We did everything that we were instructed to do.  We went to the AT&T Wireless store and setup a new account using his SSN.  The next step was to go online and enroll to get the discount.  That's where we're stuck.  His employee information comes up and the account shows as being eligible for a discount but when we try to complete the enrollment, we get a "system is experiencing difficulties" error and it says to "try back in a few minutes".  The minutes have turned into days and the system is still down.  It's quite annoying and there's no one that we can call to try to do this manually.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

The account was setup under his name.  The website indicates that the account is eligible for the employee discount but when we try to enroll, we come accross an error message saying that the system is down and to try back in a few minutes which has now turned into three days.  If I'm stuck with a $250 cell bill because I can't enroll for the employee discount, I'm going to be irate.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

Sorry to say but even when you get enrolled, that won't do anything for any past bill. The discount will only apply to bills going forward and it may take a few bill cycles before the discount shows up.

Former Employee

• 

258 Messages

7 years ago

I'm at work right now and I researched your issue; you'll need to call us at 1-800-331-0500, request for the Advanced Tech Support department, and explain to the ATS rep what's going on. Based on my research, our best path forward to fixing this is creating an Urgent Case, which can only be filed by ATS reps. As for adjusting the bill to reflect the discount, what @sandblaster said is correct; the E.M.O. discount can't be applied to the initial fees incurred when the account was created and the data plan(s) and device(s) were chosen. With that said, you can still try explaining your case to the rep you speak to and they may be able to escalate your request for a credit. I hope this helps!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you for the information.  You're a doll!  I called the number and spoke to a really nice rep.  He tried to help me enroll in the discount program but was getting the same error message that I was getting. He saw that the account had the employee discount noted but couldn't see the details since the account was new.  He suggested that I give it one billing cycle to see if the discount is reflected.  He also made a notation on the account that we should receive a credit if it doesn't get applied properly.  So for now, I'm happy.

Thank you again for all of your input!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@VVo-Planas Please come back and let us know, especially if they give you some info that might be helpful for the next person...

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

iBringDaLULZ gave great advice! As previously mentioned, I called the 1-800 number as suggested and while the AT&T rep couldn't confirm that the employee discount had been applied, he did make a note that I should receive a credit if the bill was incorrect.  I received my first bill last week and sure enough, no discount was reflected.  The called AT&T and the rep that picked up the phone saw that note on my account and immediately started processing the credit which included the activation fee on three lines plus the 50% plan discount.  Since then, I was finally able to complete the online enrollment process for the employee discount.  It seems that the website is now functional again.

Thanks again, iBringDaLULZ!!

Former Employee

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Actually, you will need to call the employee helpline. That number is 1-877-377-9010.

That is the team designed specifically for these types of issues... believe me, I KNOW THIS Bc of ALLLLLLLL the issues I've had with all of my services... 🙄
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.